Senior Business Intelligence Analyst ( 599682-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll analyze trends and identify outliers that could signal a problem. Using statistical analyses, like regression, correlation, and variance, you’ll uncover the unexpected within the expected patterns in our data. Plus, you’ll come up with the best ways to share the data in dashboards, presentations, and written reports-—that suits the need and the audience. You’ll also help identify potential noncompliance that could be harmful to the organization. By finding and identifying compliance issues, you’ll be an integral part of the compliance team’s success-—keeping us in check in all ways that matter.
- Finding anomalies and potential risk that may signal compliance issues.
- Analyzing data and communicating insights and metrics with key partners.
- Providing the metrics needed to support top business goals.
- Building new business intelligence services and support to address emerging needs.
- Detailing business requirements and providing reports to management.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have a gift for taking unstructured data, coordinating it, finding the valuable takeaways, and making it understood by others—in just the right way for that audience. Your attention to detail ensures you’ll get the job done accurately. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day but you are organized so no balls are dropped. You view problems as puzzles you’d like to tackle. You are comfortable working on your own but you also enjoy collaborating. You are a good listener and able to translate a business question into just the right analysis to find the answer.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Business, Finance, or other quantitative field or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Excel and Visual Basic for Applications experience.
- Data modeling experience.
- Data warehousing experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Proficiency in the use of Teradata SQL and MS SQL servers (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS).
- Experience with statistical software like SAS or SPSS.
- Programmed in R or Python.
- Familiarity with data visualization software. Ideally, COGNOS or Tableau.
- Managed projects and delivered results for multiple partners.
- Exposure to Compliance and Risk Management.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).