Analytics Development Analyst - Telecommute (107218715)
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Labs is the research and development arm of UnitedHealth Group. We're a diverse team of curious thinkers and experts in big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and scientific and clinical research searching for new ways to help people live healthier lives. We partner with world leaders in health care delivery, research, and technology to create disruptive solutions that serve patients, caregivers, providers, and commercial and government payers.
The Analytics Development Analyst on the Opportunity Analytics team will focus on maintaining and updating code for an existing SAS-based ETL process sourcing internal data repositories. Learning and understanding this process will be a primary focus for this position not only to support ongoing work and prioritized enhancements, but also to facilitate its transition to Optum Labs’ cloud environment. Working closely with existing team members and sales support colleagues in Optum’s Growth Office, this role is critical to managing a key process that anchors the Opportunity Analytics team’s support average annual revenue close to $1B. This position will start as individual contributor managing pre-sales analytics development efforts, with opportunities to teach and mentor colleagues within the broader department. There is also a potential to manage select team members directly.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Learn and maintain existing SAS-based code process on premise
- Develop enhancements to the SAS-based process while working with teammates and colleagues to understand requirements and prioritization, help with testing and deployment
- Gain a solid understanding of the various source systems referenced in the code set
- Apply data and query management principles to maximize efficiency of processing
- Collaborate with SAS Analyst who executes the SAS code to support active pre-sales requests
- Collaborate with Tableau Developer to ensure SAS work complements related workbook source data and performance requirements
- Collaborate with analyst and data engineer colleagues to build a more scalable version of the process in Cloud, preferably using Python and/or SQL
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- At least 8+ years of experience programming ETL-related code using SAS
- At least 8+ years of experience developing code to perform ETL functions with health care data including, but not limited to, membership/eligibility records, medical and pharmacy claims
- At least 3+ years of experience developing ETL-related code and repeatable processes using SQL and/or Python
- At least 1+ years working in a Cloud-based environment and Azure
- Masters in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- SAS Base and/or SAS Advanced Certification
- Experience working in the SAS Fusion environment
- Problem-solving skills to resolve data, calculation, join or performance issues that appear during development, testing and production
- Experience applying a broad range of statistical, mathematical, or computational approaches using data to solve problems
- Experience managing ETL process transitions to Cloud environments
- Familiar with developing in a Databricks Azure cloud environment
- Good written and communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
We Lead with Diversity, Inclusion and Compassion
At Optum Labs, we are dedicated to building teams where every individual is recognized for their unique experience and contributions. Our Leadership Principles underscore our commitment to inclusion, encouraging us to “walk in each other’s shoes” and open doors for our peers.
Managers at every level are committed to their roles as talent stewards who help guide and nurture professional development. We want our employees to reach their highest level of potential just as they help us reach ours. Join OptumLabs and you’ll be part of a culture that prizes innovation and works with uncompromising integrity.
At Optum Labs, employees are our first customers. That’s why we offer virtual work environments - to provide work/life flexibility via telecommuting. While it can be a struggle to be a telecommuter, it can also provide enormous benefits for your personal and professional life.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Analytics Development Manager, Analytics, SAS, ETL, R, SQL, Python, Cloud, AWS, AZURE, GCP, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote