Business Analyst - Telecommute (107205525)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Analyst will support the OptumRx UHC Relations account management teams in the successful implementation and management of operational activities supporting UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare, Medicaid, and Individual Exchange lines of business. Primary responsibilities include gathering and communicating business requirements, managing the implementation of requirements with technology partners, performing analysis and data transformation, and overseeing ongoing operational tasks. The Business Analyst will work in partnership with the OptumRx UHC Relations account management teams, as well in partnership directly with UHC Government Programs stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvement, increase resource efficiency, and reduce operational risk.
This position will require extended hours and/or weekend coverage during the Medicare Part D Prior Authorization Extension peak season (October 1 – January 31) timeframe. Position may also require extended hours after peak season to support event driven issues on a case-by-case basis.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Gather, document, and submit business requirements to technology partners to support changes to the annual Authorization Extension activities
- Performing detailed auditing of produced data files to ensure operational tools have properly executed on business requirements, collaborating with technology partners to understand any deviances, and presenting those findings to UHC Government Program stakeholders
- Executing on daily, weekly, and ad-hoc operational tasks that ensure accurate application of pharmacy benefits for UnitedHealthcare’s members
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders in the OptumRx UHC Relations clinical account management teams, other OptumRx departments, and UHC Government Programs to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement, increase resource efficiency, and reduce operational risk
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of managed care health, PBM or pharmacy-related experience with government programs (Medicare, Exchange and/or Medicaid)
- 3+ years of RxClaims Prior Authorization configuration experience
- 3+ years of experience analyzing and transforming data within in Excel and Access formats
- Demonstrated ability to lead matrix-partners in the successful implementation of complex programs to meet defined timeframe requirements
- Demonstrated ability in identifying, and solutioning on, process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.