Senior Business Intelligence Analyst ( 600674-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Fraud Reporting, Analytics, and Data organization is looking for skilled business intelligence professionals. The Fraud BI team is responsible for creating in depth analyses as well as supporting recurring reporting requests for senior leadership with a primary focus on wireless and wireline fraud activity and risks for Fraud strategy and operations. This team also supports multiple functions across the organization to enable fraud analytics and intelligence.
The business intelligence professional will support our organization by defining and delivering business intelligence solutions for use for Fraud Strategy, Fraud Operations, Compliance, Corporate Security, and others. You will be providing recommendations and solutions for improving risk detection and mitigation, pinpointing operational and process efficiency opportunities, providing ad hoc and recurring reporting as required, and ensuring data security protocols are strictly adhered to.
- Leading the development and implementation of advanced recurring automated report and dashboard solutions in support of business objectives.
- Making strategic business decisions and recommendations on the appropriate data sources, tools, and visualization and delivery methods to leverage the information
- Analyzing data and clearly communicating findings to stakeholders.
- Identifying and recommending modifications to improve process efficiency for report and dashboard delivery methods and automation.
- Partnering with internal stakeholders on reports and dashboards for enhancements and modifications.
- Creating new business intelligence services and support to address emerging needs.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor degree in Business Intelligence, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related field, or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos or Tableau.
- Experience developing and writing reporting requirements for creation of reporting solutions, such as fact tables, cubes or dashboards.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master degree in Business Intelligence, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Certification such as Certified Business Intelligence Professional or Six Sigma.
- Experience in a data mining role with strong quantitative and analytical skills and a proven track record of turning large amounts of multi-faceted data into meaningful information.
- Communication skills in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides for data manipulation and report creation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).