Business Analyst - Telecommute (107497426)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
The Business Analyst will perform review and analysis of data, processes or workflow as requested by Billing Management. Collaborates with other departments and team members to find resolution for billing issues of any type. Communicates well, able to explain research and findings to management. May be utilized as a training resource within the department or to external customers.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home. This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located within 1 hour from the following locations for onsite meetings: Tampa, FL, Miami, FL Greensboro, NC, Norristown, PA, Philadelphia, PA, King of Prussia, PA, Atlanta, GA , Roanoke, VA, Dallas, TX, or Marlborough, MA.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Schedule and ad hoc auditing of various systems and databases
- Ability to resolve Payer issues
- Process review, data analysis and measurement
- Preparation of reports as needed by management
- Identification and communication of billing and reimbursement issues to management
- Prepares and coordinates presentations, trainings, etc; used as an educational resource
- Implementation of new technologies and processes (includes testing and follow up)
- May involve some interfacing with clients, managed care customers, IT resources and others when needed
- Assignment of special projects as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate Degree or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in billing, insurance, front end billing, 3rd party
- 2+ years of experience in clinical laboratory healthcare industry
- Experience using Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar), and Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, formulas (vlookup, xlookup, match, etc.)
- Experience with SQL (manipulating data and queries)
- Knowledgeable about billing practices and process management concepts - this may include knowledge of Test pricing and CPT coding or reimbursement processes, 3rd party provider enrollments, claims submissions, EDI and HIPAA transactions and/or accounts receivables
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience using Microsoft Access (pulling database data and queries)
- Reside within 1 hour from the following locations for onsite meetings: Tampa, FL, Miami, FL Greensboro, NC, Norristown, PA, Philadelphia, PA, King of Prussia, PA, Atlanta, GA, Roanoke, VA, Dallas, TX, or Marlborough, MA
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate trends and opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.