Sr Business Analyst - Telecommute (107497168)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a key member of the Payment Integrity COB team, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. As a Business Analyst of COB System Support, you will grow and develop as you conduct and manage outcomes and support short and long-term strategic business activities and provide solutions, conduct research, and analysis of data and business processes. You will be challenged to analyze, review, trend, and forecast data for operational and business planning. As part of this team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Managers are responsible for first-level response and resolution of escalated issues with external and internal customers. This position is responsible for reviewing priority of work for team, identifying possible opportunities within COB processes and systems.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and implement support short and long term operational /strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management to support short and long-term strategic business activities through analysis
- Identify and analyze applicable source data (e.g., internal/external data feeds, systems, databases, "sources of truth")
- Create, develop, enhance, integrate front end reporting / data warehouses / data marts and/or develop data mining analyses to support business decisions
- Apply data analytics to reporting to deliver more than just the data
- Diagnose and support process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools
- Organize, sort and filter data in order to distinguish patterns and recognize trends
- Develop and maintain data preparation and validation routines to support data mining and has experience in creating complex data mining algorithms
- Collaborate with operations, process, experience, and technology teams to define and develop data deliverables and develop solutions that are scalable and reusable across the organization
- Create written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings, support fact - based recommendations and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions for business review and planning
This is a complex, fast-paced, matrixed environment with a lot of moving parts. The challenge is in developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. You'll be expected to interpret and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources and use it to tell a meaningful story.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience SQL development with PL-SQL Developer, SSMS, SAS, TOAD, or related.
- 2+ years of experience in business/finance analysis
- 2+ years of healthcare industry experience
- 1+ years of Project management experience
- Proven ability to breakdown a complex problem into individual root causes
- Proven ability to handle multiple issues and prioritize appropriately
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, or related field
- Experience with two or more of the following Claims Platforms: UNET, COSMOS, CPW, DSS, NICE, FACETS/CSP, and Oxford
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with Tableau, SSRS, or related
- Experience with Java, Python, VBA, or related
- System Migration Experience
- PMP Certification
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability respond effectively in difficult situations.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $31.78 to $56.88. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $35.00 to $62.45. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.