Data and Business Analyst, Advisory Board - Telecommute (107446179)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this newly created position within Advisory Board’s technology organization, we are looking for someone who is open to playing a hybrid/dual role of quality specialist and systems analyst. This exciting opportunity will allow someone to participate in understanding and documenting the functional needs and providing technology quality assurance via manual and automated testing. This person will participate in Advisory Board’s technology related projects (includes major projects, minor projects, and enhancements). This resource will be expected to develop a deep understanding of the Advisory Board Research business and play a key role in all technology related initiatives as we continue this amazing journey of transforming and modernizing our technology ecosystem in support of our new and exciting business transformation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, modify and/or test software applications
- Create test plans and ensure quality of all deliverables by the team
- Build automated tests for our data processing platforms, complex data processing pipelines for data ingestion and data management
- Ensure high quality solutions by design and build unit tests, integration test, load test, and user acceptance tests.
- Proficiently use SQL and other data tools to research issues and obtain information for testing
- Handle occasional data updates for software applications by modifying, automating, and running pipelines. Perform appropriate testing to make sure updates are successfully applied to different application environments
- Constantly evaluate and enhance the test automation strategy and approach
- Collaborate with the development team to improve technology quality
- Coordinate with different stakeholders to understand and document requirements, processes, user stories
- Analyze business processes and recommend improvements
- Participate in business sessions and document notes from the meetings
- Gather and analyze data for project team
- Work with the technology team to help them understand business requirements
- Liaison between the technical team and the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a team environment in a professional and/or educational environment
- 2+ years of Software Quality Assurance experience, in an agile environment.
- 1+ years of hands-on scripting/coding experience in any one of the below: C#, Java, C++, .Net or other object-oriented programming languages
- 1+ years of hand-on experience in testing for applications in the cloud (Azure, AWS)
- Solid working knowledge of QA concepts and methodologies
- Working knowledge on test automation of APIs (SOAP/REST services)
- Ability to debug and understand code both from a testing and engineering perspective
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working with technical projects, teams, and/or stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience creating and executing test scripts for technology projects
- Experience using any of multiple QA automation software and frameworks including Selenium, JUnit, TestNG, JMeter, Postman, SOAPUI, Xamarin, UITest, and any other test management, automation software and testing frameworks
- Proficient with developer tools and IDEs, such as Eclipse and git for developing on the .NET stack
- Functional knowledge of technical platforms (example: Salesforce, Content Management Systems, Marketing Platforms)
- Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Adaptable and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.