Senior Business Analyst - Telecommute (107446091)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The in-home assessments are conducted once a year as a means to help members proactively manage their health. The assessment is an optional service provided to members at no additional cost as it is part of the services available to them through their health plan. Members find the visits valuable, with the program having a high Net Promoter Score and a 95%+ satisfaction rating. Members are contacted by phone and mail and invited to set an appointment for a visit.
The Data Analyst will support the operational data flow across HouseCalls. The Data Analyst will partner with business and IT to improve data quality through process improvements, data lifecycle management, and data governance initiatives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Data Quality
- Work with business owners to define, establish, and maintain data
- Work flexible hours when needed to support operations
- Create, apply, and maintain data consistent with department and organization’s strategies
- Work with business and IT partners to remediate identified gaps using both manual and automated solutions
- Maintain data ownership
- Establish and refine processes to continuously monitor data quality
- Ensure processes are in place to proactively detect, correct, and prevent data quality issues
- Manual cleansing of data to be leveraged by the business while improvinagileg data quality metrics (invalid address, invalid phone, etc.)
- Use issue tracking / intake process and management tools
- HouseCalls Data Management
- Prepare data management and technical presentations, interfacing with senior management and business users to map out and document business requirements, data and information needs, and data exchange flows
- Act as an advisor and subject matter expert for data-centric business and technology initiatives, projects and/or programs
- Assist business and technology initiatives, projects, and/or programs with developing data strategies, advising them in the planning stages of the initiatives and helping them to align with the enterprise data strategy and enterprise data governance policies and standards
- Play a key leadership role with the agile teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or Business related field or equivalent work experience
- Solid work experience with Excel, including pivot tables, formulas, and manipulation of flat files
- Experience with process mapping, documenting controls, and implementing policies
- Proficient with using SQL to extract, manipulate, and analyze data
- Solid knowledge of data quality, including definition and development of data validation, verification and reconciliation strategies
- Understands concepts and applications of business information models, demonstrates understanding of relationship between data, business rules, and functions
- Solid business requirements gathering/analysis skills
- Informatica Profiling
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Healthcare experience
- Communicate effectively across the organization, having a strong customer service orientation (both internally and externally) and strong results orientation
- Solid relationship building skills and ability to bring cross functional groups together to drive towards a common goal
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, continuously changing environment
- Solid organization skills
- Able to work with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.