Business Analyst - Telecommute (107430921)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you must be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever.
The Business Analyst position will be a key team member on the Clinical Performance (CP) Quality Vendor Performance Management team. This team supports all Optum Care Delivery Organizations (CDOs) in meeting their quality performance measure goals, especially as it relates to the Medicare Advantage Stars program. This team will leverage new and existing vended solutions to address market needs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Tracks program and vendor status using dashboards, reports, processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and ad hoc milestones to support key goals of the vendor management program.
- Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve business processes, report content and completeness of information
- Manages SharePoint sites created to support key initiatives as well as audit, compile, and analyze data to create reports for various audiences including care delivery organization, Clinical Performance team, or broader OptumCare organization
- Serves as a liaison between departments, CDOs, and IT for all vendor management program needs
- Implements and evaluates programs and projects, coordinates business goals and objectives, collaborates with project team members, develops measurable project goals and objectives and monitors progress to completion
- Facilitates communication between team members and identifies and coordinates assignment of internal and external resources to meet project requirements
- Attends project and team meetings to review deliverables and deadlines. Responsible for developing and updating various types of project documentation such as communication plans, project schedules, issue logs, standard operating procedures, program inventories, etc.
- Responsible for documenting and updating changes to workflow, training plans, policies, and procedures, as directed
- Coordinates / facilitates meetings; prepares draft agendas for review with VP and Director; issues agendas with appropriate backup materials; sets up meeting; takes minutes, and provides follow-up correspondence
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Public Health or a related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree)
- 2+ years of project coordination, project management, or project administration experience
- Intermediate / Advanced level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of managed care, Care Delivery organization or quality experience
- Proficient in Word, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of HEDIS, CAHPS / HOS, or similar performance measure experience
- Medicare Stars experience, or similar performance guarantee management or quality rating system experience
- Experience working with vendor contracts in the healthcare industry
- Experience working in a matrixed work environment
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Business Analyst, WFH, Remote, Telecommuter, Telecommute