Business Systems Analyst (107410329)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to
our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents
and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
About the role:
The Optum Ireland Automation Centre of Excellence supports the Payment Integrity organization through the delivery of automation solutions, using existing, new, and emerging technologies to enhance savings, improve productivity and quality and reduce cost.
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements
- Design and develop new automation solutions in line with analysis of the current process
- Perform feasibility analysis, scopes projects, works with the project team to prioritise deliverables
- Create detailed process documentation and translate to Solution Designs by working closely with the development team.
- Ensure full sign-off from relevant business, functional & infrastructure stakeholders
- Manage delivery & project plans in line with agreed standards/SLAs
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Problem solving issues and providing timely responses and solutions as required.
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating any project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager
- Identify opportunities and integration with other process automation tools as appropriate
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience (minimum 2 years’ experience as a Business Analyst and ideally 1 year working on BPM, Automation, RPA projects)
- An understanding and experience of financial services / insurance operations
- Previous experience gathering and working through business requirements with end users
- Understanding of workflow-based logic and conceptualize it as an automated solution
- Ability to interact with business SMEs on behalf of project teams and the RPA team in general.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to provide clear explanations and overviews to others (internal and external) of their work efforts
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Team player that is able to successfully manage multiple activities, assess priorities and achieve solutions under tight deadlines for themselves
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in UAT test scenarios with ability to communicate a UAT plan to customers
- Demonstrated experience with RPA software implementation (UI Path / Blue Prism)
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Industry: Claim Adjudication, Payments & Eligibility
- Experienced in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including Waterfall and Agile methodologies
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.