Senior Business Analyst - Telecommute in MN (107410164)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will be the primary Senior Business Analyst (Operations & Support) within the Stars Provider Technology & Reporting team responsible for supporting a cross-functional provider report aimed at improving health outcomes for United’s Medicaid membership. You will serve as a liaison between the business stakeholders, internal teams, and be accountable for supporting daily operations, issues, and occasional enhancements.
If you are located within the state of MN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Act as the Tier 1 subject matter expert to assist with Operations & Support for the Medicare STARs quality reports
- Develop training materials and reference documentation to align with current product functionality
- Analyze and interpret complex data to identify trends, issues, and opportunities for the business and clients
- Drive best practices in business process improvement initiatives through the documentation of user stories, business requirements, project documents, and communication plans
- Understand data flows and impacts to and from upstream suppliers and downstream consumers of our reporting data
- Occasionally collaborate with stakeholders, development teams, and subject matter experts to understand business needs, define product requirements and specifications, and recommend solutions to complex business challenges
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Customer Service, Health Administration, Project Management, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst
- 2+ years of experience performing data analysis to make recommendations and solve complex issues
- 1+ years of SQL experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Insurance or healthcare industry experience
- Medicare, Stars, and/or HEDIS experience
- Experience in an IT Support/Operations position
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures
- Solid written and verbal communication
- Solid analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.