Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Horsham, PA (107410087)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Sr. Business Systems Analyst within the Data Services Team under Insurance Solutions, you will lead efforts to develop best practices, establish standards, incorporate efficiency principles, and identify tactical and strategic opportunities within systems analysis. In this role, you will plan, manage, and lead the delivery of detailed system requirements and functional specifications that align with standards and frameworks. You will provide technical leadership and work in close partnership with ambitious business and technology partners, project teams, and stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed specifications.
This position requires a strong self-starter who can proactively engage a virtual, cross-organizational/functional team with excellent interpersonal and analytical/problem-solving skills. You will drive the development of systems analysis artifacts from requirements through post-implementation, working within Agile methodologies.
- Collaborate with the supported business functions, product team, and technology experts to ensure solutions are delivered timely, of high quality, and with the expected functionality
- Collect and store all required compliance artifacts for the project across the project life cycle
- Work with technology partners to research and analyze current state system capabilities, perform impact analysis, and document requirements and recommendations
- Define, document, and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications, considering non-functional requirements
- Assist testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing
- Contribute to project management activities such as: scoping and estimating project efforts, identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures, communicating activity status, and escalating and communicating possible issues
- Participate in quality management reviews, including designs, prototypes, and other requirement sessions
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine solutions, assess the impact on existing work processes and systems, and pinpoint how to manage integration
- Provide operational and process-related analysis and support
- Gain knowledge in the systems analysis domain, stay abreast of technology trends and developments, and develop expertise in data, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools, and techniques
- Work with vendors to support business case development consistent with technology requirements and guidelines
- Coach new or less experienced colleagues and serve as a reference point throughout the requirements management life cycle
- Be an advocate for continuous process improvement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in multiple IT roles: Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, Software Development, QA Testing, PMO, Agile Development environment
- 5+ years of experience in creating project and system documentation
- Experience working in an Agile Methodology environment
- Understand relational database concepts and have experience writing database queries
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures, and data warehouses
- Proficiency with database query tools to clarify data-related requirements by conducting detailed data analysis
- Possess a Process Improvement and Process Efficiency mindset
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Healthcare insurance industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.