Senior Business Analyst - Hybrid - San Antonio, TX (107838974)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Business Analyst will work collaboratively and independently within the regional project team in support of the Practice Support Unit (PSU), market leadership, and other matrixed teams to: collect data from a variety of sources and tools; develop new/enhanced and maintain existing reporting and processes; manage requirements gathering and documentation; conduct end user training on report/tools; and analyze data in support of organizational objectives.
If you reside within San Antonio, TX you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Initial two months 100% on-site, after two months Monday and Friday Telecommute, Tuesday through Thursday on-site.
- Researches, retrieves, designs and delivers organized analytics and reporting to create repeatable and scalable models
- Analyzes benchmarking data, reports, processes, and measurements
- Forecasts operational trends against strategy
- Develops and documents complex business analysis and reporting requirements via interviewing business owners, independent research, and technical tools knowledge
- Evaluates and prioritizes data changes and enhancements
- Reviews the analytics and reporting of others within the department
- Provides data for leadership to make decisions of considerable impact and consequences
- Interprets data, facts and/or trends independently and makes business recommendations to management
- Coordinates a variety of projects/requests simultaneously and ensures timely completion in accordance with business initiatives
- Develops and recommends innovative approaches to achieve deliverables
- Develops and maintains reports and tools per current requirements, quality control of data and logic, and accurate documentation
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree (4 additional years of equivalent experience work experience may be substituted in lieu of an undergraduate degree)
- 5+ years of progressive business experience in aggregation and analysis of multiple sets of data
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Visio, Power BI, SharePoint, PowerPoint. Intermediate knowledge of QuickBase, Salesforce, and SQL
- Project Management fundamental knowledge and work experience
- Ability to interact effectively to include presenting work product, facilitating meetings, and capturing business requirements with different business departments, team members, and matrixed teams at all levels
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Teams and Smartsheet
- Possession of solid analytical/statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
- Ability to make an impact, manage multiple tasks, and shift priorities quickly
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Solid communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.