Senior Business Analyst - Dublin or Letterkenny (107950849)
About the Role:
As a key member of the Payment Integrity COB team, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. As a Business Analyst of COB System Support, you will grow and develop as you conduct and manage outcomes and support short and long-term strategic business activities and provide solutions, conduct research, and analysis of data and business processes.
You will be challenged to analyze, review, trend and forecast data for operational and business planning. As part of this team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data, and presenting recommendations for business solutions.
Business Analyst's are responsible for first-level response and resolution of escalated issues with external and internal customers. This position is responsible for reviewing priority of work for team, identifying possible opportunities within COB processes and systems.
- Develop and implement support short and long term operational /strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management to support short- and long-term strategic business activities through analysis
- Identify and analyze applicable source data (e.g., internal/external data feeds, systems, databases, "sources of truth")
- Create, develop, enhance, integrate front end reporting / data warehouses / data marts and/or develop data mining analyses to support business decisions
- Apply data analytics to reporting to deliver more than just the data
- Diagnose and support process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools
- Organize, sort and filter data in order to distinguish patterns and recognize trends
- Develop and maintain data preparation and validation routines to support data mining and has experience in creating complex data mining algorithms
- Collaborate with operations, process, experience and technology teams to define and develop data deliverables and develop solutions that are scalable and reusable across the organization
- Create written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings, support fact - based recommendations and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions for business review and planning
- Strong experience with analyzing business intelligence requirements (e.g., standard/ad hoc reporting, dashboards, scorecards, visualization, analytics)
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in reporting and data analytics with multiple tools such as Tableau / SAS Visual Analytics / Platfora
- Strong experience developing in SQL (Oracle and SQL Server)
- Strong experience in IT / business including analysis experience with a solid understanding of data modeling, relational databases, data forecasting, data trending
- Strong proficiency working with MS Excel e.g. formulas, calculations, pivot tables, including lookup functions
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools, such as Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Able to work a potion of your monthly hours from out Dublin/Letterkenny offices
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with Java, Python, VBA, or related
- Ability to breakdown a complex problem into individual root causes
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with two or more of the following Claims Platforms: UNET, COSMOS, CPW, DSS, NICE, FACETS/CSP, and Oxford
- Strong Experience in Project Management lifecycles
Please note you must currently be eligible to work without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.