Technical Business Analyst
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This role will report directly to the Fleet PMO Technical Project Manager. You will be highly competent, results-driven as well as a highly self-motivated individual. This Technical Business Analyst role requires a service-oriented mentality, a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in a prompt and efficient manner, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with the status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. This position will be also working directly with Fleet’s business partners, Verizon Connect and stakeholders in a customer-facing role supporting application needs. Activities may consist of gathering business requirements, collaborating and architecting solutions, and connecting the business strategy to the suite of products and services Fleet offers.
- Understanding strategic table structure and joins within the databases and applications
- Interpret business needs and requests into data collection plans including developing queries and reports
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Retrieve, analyze, and transform into creative, aesthetically pleasing visualizations in Tableau that provide insight in subject areas and invoke action
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs
- Reviewing service-related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure operational issues are identified and resolved promptly
- Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Enhancing automation for database platform provision process
- Enhancing database monitoring & alerting platforms to ensure proactive alerting is always achieved
- Follow best practices in data modeling including the use of standard naming conventions.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Manage Tier 1 escalations and provide system support but not limited to business partner access, support, and guidance
- Data mine, build, develop complex reporting from various source systems, and perform analytics to support and propose direction on strategic business decisions
- Provide basic training/support in accessing the network and use of various applications. Training end-users on new reports and dashboards
- Develop and manage process documentation not limited to job aids, training manuals, and playbooks
- Support all Fleet web based applications (design, enhancements, and debugging, etc.)
- Support customer implementation of recommended actions and track realization of cost savings and other relevant metrics through dashboard and reviews
- Collaborate with IT to optimize data structures for data integration and reporting
- Collaborate with Fleet business partners, facilitating team meetings, capturing meeting minutes, and integrating action items into project deliverables and Sprints
- Understanding project deliverables, status, reporting, and budget
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience delivering technology utilizing agile methodology.
- Experience with web design applications (i.e., java script, aspx, html, etc.).
- Experience with cloud applications, Tableau, SQL, Jira, Oracle databases, and Windows IIs environment.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Strong business acumen and the ability to build and maintain effective rapport with stakeholders.
- MBA or Technical Master’s Degree.
- Project management or related experience.
- A customer-centric work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with verbal & written communications including conflict resolution skills.
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging software related issues.
- Experience installing software, patches, and updates.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network issues.
- High Level of proficiency in Excel (VBA, pivot tables, complex formulas etc.).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.