Business Development Analyst - Telecommute (108269235)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At a high level, the Business Development unit plays an instrumental role in enabling the Sales and Account Management (AM) teams to minimize their time spent on administrative and analysis tasks to focus more on selling activities and building customer relationships. This role is responsible for ensuring that Sales and AM have the support, tools, resources, and systems needed to achieve their revenue targets. This role also collaborates with cross functional departments and vendors on projects that improve/enhance customer needs/relationships. The Business Development Analyst (BDA) is not responsible for closing a sale.
The BDA works with the Regional Sales Directors and Strategic Client Executives to intake data and manage/ maintain all key information related to new sales cycle and client retention. This includes data entry into appropriate systems, documents, and spreadsheets to maintain accuracy of metrics and reporting. This role coordinates, manages, performs limited content development, and updates Marketing Collaterals, Process/Procedures and required documentations (i.e., Value Story, Newsletters, Communications, Request for Proposals, etc.).
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilizing Customer Relationship Tools (i.e., Salesforce, Ariba) to accurately maintain pre-sales opportunities and book of business data, in real time
- Running and managing adhoc reports as requested
- Auditing systems, processes, data quality and reports
- Gathering data and research to effectively analyze market and competitor positioning
- Researching internal product, operational or process questions/issues as necessary to assist and explain
- Assist Sales /AM with RFP response gathering, quality check and packaging the final version
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of intermediate proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with Customer Relationship Management Tools (i.e., Salesforce or similar)
- Working experience with RFP's (Requests for Proposals)
- Able to work independently and have the self-drive discipline to deliver
- Excellent active listening skills, problem-solving skills, judgment, and presence
- Solid attention to detail and solid communication skills
- Ability to follow collaborate, and follow guidelines to established rules and process
- Comfortable with frequent change and dynamic work environment
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior organization skills
- Able to deliver high value and quality results in tight time windows
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $21.68 to $38.56. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $23.94 to $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.