Technical Associate Business Analyst - Telecommute (108506190)
Careers at Solutran, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We create direct spending solutions driven by our extensive financial tech experience to help those we serve be healthier, happier, and more productive. Our platform helps members manage their health plans, supplemental benefits, and rewards all in one place. You’ll have the opportunity to make it easier for consumers to manage their own health by making healthier products more affordable and their purchases streamlined. If you are a driven individual that thrives in fast-paced environments, values diversity with a desire to produce meaningful work that impacts the lives of many, then this is the team for you. Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, government programs, such as WIC and SNAP, as well as with employers and retailers. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran has grown over four times in size in the last couple of years. As a result, in 2021 we became part of the Optum Financial family (a part of UnitedHealth Group). The Solutran team and our platform are now at the center of the most significant healthcare payments innovation in modern history. The journey is just beginning. We expect this growth to accelerate and invite you to grow with us!
There are a lot of opportunities out there, but we can’t imagine being in a more solid, future proof and challenging intersection than that of healthcare and payments. Two of the most exciting growth verticals. Not to mention our solutions bring help to those who need it most.
The Technical Business Analyst position is a key technical position in a leading FinTech company (Solutran) that is operating independently as part of Optum Financial/UHG. The corporate headquarters is based in Plymouth, MN. This position is eligible for fulltime remote work.
As a Retail Integration Technical Business Analyst at Solutran, you will play a key role in our S3 network expansion and implement systems that contribute to the network’s best-in-class availability and transaction processing integrity. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical and technical background to troubleshoot, support, and enhance a complex transaction processing infrastructure. This person will also be comfortable providing technical guidance and support to transaction processing developers at both Solutran and our merchant partners.
In this role you will collect, collate, and translate business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria that can be built into quality software by our development teams. You will be an active thought partner and subject matter expert, deeply involved in new projects that provide our clients and users with an unmatched set of products and services.
You must possess a unique blend of analytical skills along with business and technical expertise. You will collaborate closely with designers, product managers, engineers, QA, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to build products that delight our users. Solutran is a stable, fast-growing company with opportunities to advance and now is the time to join us!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and maintain S3 retailer integration specification and supporting documentation
- Act as lead technical contact for merchants for POS integration projects
- Assist in transaction processing platform QA and testing for merchant and Solutran development projects
- Troubleshoot transaction, benefit, and settlement processing issues and anomalies
- Assist in merchant production implementations and ongoing support
- Work with product teams to improve and enhance the S3 transaction processing infrastructure
- Design and implement controls that will ensure 100% S3 transaction processing platform quality and availability
- Performs all activities in a manner consistent with Solutran’s core principles
- Other duties as assigned
- Microsoft Power BI
- Oracle RDBMS (12c)
- Microsoft Windows
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- SQL query writing experience and/or experience reviewing code
- Proven experience testing complex software platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related major
- 2+ years of Business Analyst/Product Management experience or equivalent
- Experience with JIRA and SCRUM
- Experience delivering complex, powerful products that are made simple for users, delivering successful results
- SOAP/JSON web service design, testing and support
- Proven experience working with software engineering teams
- Knowledge of financial transaction processing concepts and message types
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum software development, writing use cases, user stories and detailed acceptance criteria
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
Where you will work:
- The position is open to remote work.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.