Business Systems Analyst - Telecommute (108690847)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As new pharmacy clients are welcomed to OptumRx, the new client implementation team offers a best-in-class onboarding experience that is powered by strong governance and project management.
The Business Analyst will work alongside the client implementation team to oversee all aspects of incoming files for new clients, including defining requirements, coordinating and intaking files, preparing files for load, loading files, and communication of file loads/progress to clients. This role will actively engage with clients, the client implementation team, and operations teams across the OptumRx organization to deliver on our promise.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S.
- External client facing role. End to end owner and responsibility for new client data file requests including but not limited to Claims History, Historical Prior Authorization, Disruption analysis and lettering, Continuation of Therapy, etc
- Leads data mapping exercises and data file requirement gathering sessions with external clients and vendors
- Defines methodology and analytic approach as required for end to end vendor transition data file requests including but not limited to Claims History, Historical Prior Authorization, Disruption analysis and lettering, Continuation of Therapy, etc
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Performs ad-hoc data analysis, disruption analysis and reporting as required by implementation needs and prepares data for downstream use
- Writes and maintains detailed documentation including expected outcomes, validation methodology/processes, test results, recommendations, version control, and configuration design related to external data file requirements
- Works with internal stakeholders to ensure data file requirements scheduling, data file intake, client data management, and quality of data based on requirements
- Understands data standards and identifies data abnormalities. Instills data quality in all outputs that are delivered
- Takes personal ownership and accountability for pre-determined Service Level Agreements by following up and following through on all deliverables
- Serves as a resource to others.
- Effectively communicates technical and statistical findings with fellow team members and clients
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and is comfortable presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to senior vice presidents, and external clients and coalitions
- Acts as a technical business liaison to explain complicated technical information to non-technical audiences (both internal and external) effectively
- Diagnose process improvement opportunities and present solutions for process excellence. Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses.
- Promptly responds to service failures, resolves issues, and escalates concerns as appropriate
- Ensures adherence to quality principles
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- May lead functional or segment projects
- 0-10% travel
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in an external client facing role
- 1+ years relevant hands-on experience in analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing, and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- 1+ years of experience with pharmacy claims data, insurance data, managed health care industry and PBM operations
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Working knowledge of standard business applications, Microsoft Office Suite (MS Access, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Word)
- Advanced proficiency with Excel (Pivot tables, pivot charts, conditional formatting, VLOOKUP, formulas)
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL (complex joins, nested subqueries, aggregation, partitions, functions, pivots and unions)
- Solid understanding of databases, their architectures and database constraints
- Ability to execute and deliver within the confines and timeframes provided by regulatory agencies
- Strong knowledge of the US healthcare system and healthcare claims data
- Experience with implementation and/or managing pharmacy benefits
- RxClaim experience
- Ability to write test cases for QA
- Solid oral and written communication
- Excellent organization skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to thriving in a fast-paced environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.