Senior Business Analyst - Dublin (108649396)
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
The Business Analysis and Reporting (BAR) team is a key partner for the value streams across the Payer organization, partnering and developing a deep understanding of the business operations and associated data. Key responsibilities include the creation and maintenance of metrics and KPI’s, delivery of regular reporting, modeling and analysis needed to measure performance, while driving continuous improvement. This role supports the Claims Cost Management (CCM) value stream within Payment Integrity and will partner closely with operational leaders to provide point-in-time reporting on business performance, and will provide insight and trends, to drive value and efficiencies within daily operations. CCM is a pre-pay claims validation solution, which is a global team with team members in the U.S, India, Puerto Rico and Ireland.
The Senior Business Analyst will be a key member of the BAR team supporting the Non-Clinical CCM value stream. The role will be Ireland based (Dublin or Letterkenny). The BAR team is responsible for utilizing data to maximize savings potential, provide timely business performance reporting and implementing controls to ensure accurate and timely delivery of regular reporting and scorecards for CCM.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities, execute with precision and deliver results with high accuracy and within stated time frames.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
- Deliver Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly operational reporting for Claims Cost Management.
- Validation and presentation of all metrics, prior to Senior Leadership and Client review where applicable.
- Support timely delivery of CCM scorecards with supporting analysis, meeting all monthly deadlines including business performance against targets each month
- Support and provide insight on trends and variances to target and projections.
- Identify and evaluate potential gaps in business processes through data analysis and on-going reporting.
- Develop and maintain robust documentation of reporting procedures and processes.
- Seek to enhance, optimize, and automate CCM data sources to deliver seamless reporting and to reduce manual overhead.
- Support the development and implement of strategic business solutions through research, innovation and analysis to drive financial savings and operational efficiencies
- Conduct deep dive analysis that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting recommendations to management to support strategic business activities.
- Identify and analyze applicable source data (e.g., internal / external data feeds, systems, databases)
- Create written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings, and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions for business review and planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Data & Analytics or equivalent work experience
- Experience in business or financial analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication, problem solving, leadership and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail for all deliverables
- Experience analyzing data and communicating your findings
- Experience acting as a technical liaison between operational and IT type environments within a matrix organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in high volume workload situations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability respond effectively in difficult situations
- Intermediate to Expert level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- The ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Dublin office is required.
- Experience in healthcare Industry
- Experience of claims environment or operations
- Experience in operational reporting
- Experience working with Claims Cost Management or other value streams within Payment Integrity
- Self-starter that can work independently, as well as with the team
- Creative and Innovative thinker
- Experience with SQL / Oracle or relational databases
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective: make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the Optum Ireland Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.