Senior Business Analyst - Princeton, NJ (108629656)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with end users and Optum team members to understand business need and analyze requirements
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and work with the lead to prioritize work to ensure customer expectations are met
- Work independently with little to no supervision by seeking guidance on work priority and dedication to client success
- Collaborate with other Data Analysts / Business analysts to understand reporting needs and be a self-starter to accomplish objectives
- Review and provide feedback on reporting requirements, either created internally or externally, for feasibility, gaps in requirements, and overall business value
- Perform data analysis using SQL and validate business requirements
- Document test cases based on requirements and perform functional testing
- Gain proficiency in modifying and developing new SAP Business Objects reports
- Be a team player and work under supervision of senior analysts as needed to meet project objectives
- Aspire to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Medicaid and Medicare directly interfacing with business users
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- 7+ years of experience working as a business or data analyst in any Industry vertical
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL and databases with proficiency in data analysis
- 3+ years working as a business / functional or data analyst in a healthcare vertical
- 1+ years working as an analyst in the Medicaid line of business with in-depth knowledge in claims adjudication, eligibility, provider performance etc.
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall SDLC
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of experience as a business or data analyst in a Data warehousing setting
- Experience working in a healthcare Data warehouse involving claims, recipients, providers and other subject areas
- Experience reporting on large datasets from a data warehouse, and techniques for working with data in volume effectively to create reports and dashboards
- Working knowledge in SAP Business Objects reporting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Business Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Analysis, Hamilton, NJ, New Jersey