Senior Business Analyst (108853735)
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
As a part of the OptumCare network, Riverside Medical Group is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position will be responsible for supporting the strategic reporting and analytics related Riverside Medical Group. This position will facilitate the development of standard reporting and analytics with actionable and Riverside Medical Group specific findings and will work closely with Riverside Medical Group leadership, Medical Directors, and OptumCare partners to monitor performance and identify key areas for improvement. The candidate must have excellent multi-tasking skills and enjoy thinking outside of the box to develop innovative ways to effectively and efficiently address the information needs of Riverside Medical Group.
- Analyze and report on financials and health care statistics
- Assist in the development of program forecasts, budgets, and plans
- Research economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning
- Create annual budget templates
- Maintain department P&Ls
- Assist in the strategic Capital spend and forecasting
- Assist in acquisition and merger due diligence
- Assist Operations with metrics and other requests
- Ad-hoc requests from leadership
Critical success factors:
- Self-starter and be able to take direction and come up with approaches and solutions
- Working in a matrix environment to drive efficiencies through influence
- Seeks ways to improve job and operational efficiency and makes suggestions as appropriate
- Takes ownership of the process and provides constructive information to minimize problems and increase provider and Riverside Medical Group satisfaction
- Partners with Riverside Medical Group leadership teams and OptumCare management to coordinate execution and implementation at Riverside Medical Group
- Ensure activities are appropriately integrated into the strategic direction, as well as the mission and values of the company
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of finance or accounting experience
- 1+ years financial forecasting experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Solid academic credentials & other non-academic activities highly considered
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Healthcare industry experience
- Hyperion Essbase, SmartView and PeopleSoft experience
- SQL or other large data analysis skills
- Advanced data visualization skills using BI tools like Tableau
- Ability to build solid relationships across a variety of stakeholders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Opportunities with Riverside Medical Group. Discover what it means to be part of a top-rated, premier medical practice with a deep commitment to serving its community for over 35 years. We’re also part of the best hospital system in New Jersey and one of the best 50 hospitals in the nation. Riverside Medical Group has over 25 locations in Northern New Jersey, and we deliver quality-focused care to patients of all ages. We recently became part of OptumCare - the health care delivery part of Optum, backed by the scale and resources of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. Every day we provide the ultimate patient experience through round-the-clock access to health care teams, same day and walk-in appointments, as well as charitable giving and a foundation that supports scholarships and medical research. At Riverside, you’ll play an important role in helping people achieve optimal health, and that’s just the start. Learn more about career opportunities with Riverside Medical Group, where you can help change the world as you do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.