Senior Business Analyst (108851474)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet (Business Intelligence & Data Analysis) with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making operational and financial data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of reducing the cost of healthcare. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your analytical talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to share your creative flair and capabilities with a team that relies on your output.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will analyze data to support the business of overpayment identification and drive effectiveness of Optum’s Data Mining product. You will partner with stakeholders to understand and document data requirements to conduct data-driven analyses and interpret results to tell the story of how the Data Mining business is making a difference. You will become a subject matter expert on the data and present results to our internal customers and matrix partners. You’ll work closely with other analysts and leadership within the team to develop innovative reporting solutions to deliver insights that enable the achievement business objectives.
- Collect and understand business requirements for dataset creation for research projects as determined by United Data Mining leadership and team members
- Extract operational and financial from a variety of data sources
- Investigate data quality issues and research data anomalies
- Work collaboratively with other teams to develop standard code and data protocols to be used across the United Data Mining and Non-Clinical team
- Interact directly with leadership to gather specifications for reporting projects and ad hoc requests
- Produce and interpret data analytics in support of United Data Mining
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Experience in analyzing large operational and/or financial data sets
- Experience integrating data from large databases
- Experience in developing and/or maintaining dashboards and reports
- Experience with volume forecasting (linear regression)
- Experience operating with reporting capabilities for development of reports and dashboards
- Experience or knowledge using advanced excel capabilities and/or SQL
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative to excel in a fast-paced environment, pivot priorities as business needs shift.
- Excellent presentation skills and professional communication style (verbal and written)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.