Business Analyst - Compliance & Industry Engagement (56764)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
The Compliance & Industry Engagement group in Transmission & Substation Support has been tasked with driving FirstEnergy’s involvement in NATF to both, keep FE on the cutting edge of (OR at the forefront of…) an evolving industry, and to also ensure FE’s voice is heard when important industry shaping decisions are made. Individuals in this position will make sure that the identified subject matter experts are properly engaged in industry groups and are maximizing participation benefits. These individuals will also be responsible for maximizing usefulness of information gathered from these industry activities while also communicating and tracking progress on using gathered information to implement new strategies in FE. This role will also be providing support to FE’s Human Performance Improvement and Operating Experience programs and Transmission & Substation Services procedure development and issuance.
This position can be sited at any location within FE service territory, will have the opportunity to work remotely, and reports to the Supervisor, Compliance and Industry Engagement in Transmission & Substation Services.
- Facilitating the Industry Engagement program across FET with the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Working directly with relative subject matter experts to optimize the use of industry information and utilizing opportunities to improve FET’s methods of operations.
- Manage SME list from FE departments for NATF participation
- Maintain industry participation schedules, ensuring proper subject matter expert attendance.
- Coordinating activities with industry entities such as NATF
- Analyzing available information from industry entities for FE SME applicability
- Disseminating available industry information to the proper FE SME(s)
- Plan and present at quarterly meetings for SMEs, providing FE engagement metrics and key/new group materials presented by team or SMEs
- Provide periodic updates to senior leadership on NATF activities
- Manage FE NATF SharePoint site
- Coordinate the of development, creation, and approval of Transmission & Substation Services procedures
- Supporting the emergency plan through participation in assigned storm duties including hazard responding.
- Maintaining a safe workplace for coworkers and the community based upon a developing knowledge of potential hazards, industry regulations/requirements and company practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or a related discipline with 4 years of related work experience. In lieu of degree, 7 years of related experience required.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong analytical ability. Relevant work experience includes but is not limited to process / project / procedure development, project management, regulatory compliance, reporting, and/or data analysis and reporting
- Working knowledge of applicable computer software necessary to fulfill job duties including but not limited to Microsoft Office, knowledge of FileNet, SAP, Cascade, preferred
- Valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
- Must possess a safety culture and maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and the public.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines, unexpected developments, changes in project scope, budget constraints, unforeseen field problems and demands on time for work assignments outside of the normal duties.
- Strong interpersonal skills and develop and maintain relationships across FE, with outside firms and manufacturers that further facilitate the cooperation needed to complete assigned tasks and that will inspire others to achieve, or exceed, goals.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams to coordinate designs with other FirstEnergy areas of responsibility including Siting and Permitting, Project Management, Maintenance, Forestry, Real Estate and Construction, as well as FEU Operations personnel.
- Ability to make practical decisions without undue delay and based on the best information available at the time that the decision must be made.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with good verbal skills and writing skills, providing comprehensive project status reports, clear and concise correspondence, and accurate information.
- Must possess strong organizational, computer, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-directed and not dependent on detailed instruction from others.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team