Product Analyst - Telecommute (108861459)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join Optum Digital as a Product Analyst for the Coverage & Benefits team where you will support feature-level development for helping UnitedHealthcare members understand their plans, maximize their plan usage and save on healthcare costs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Play a critical role within a Coverage & Benefits product team that includes a Product Manager, Delivery Lead, UX/IA, Project Manager and Software Engineers to deliver initiatives & features for the member portal and UHC mobile app
- Research and deliver high-quality documentation of feature requirements including relevant dependencies for new product ideas
- Translate product features requests into development stories with Product Manager & Engineering guidance
- Partner with a Product Manager on day-to-day development team needs including answering developer questions and removing blockers
- Manage & prioritize development team backlog spanning product-driven and tech investment stories
- Execute end-to-end product testing of new features and serve as the primary contact for the User Acceptance testing process
- Offer data-driven feature-specific performance targets with related analytics
- Leads Coverage & Benefits defect triage on behalf of product
- Contribute to a solid Optum Digital product culture of continuous development, rapid test and learn and with a consumer-first perspective
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst facilitating and documenting requirements gathered from both business and IT/development counterparts
- 1+ years of experience working in an agile environment with experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Demonstrated solid written and verbal communication skills including creating requirements document for senior and development audiences
- Experience visually communicating business problems and flows - for example with Microsoft Visio or PowerPoint
- Experience using data to identify product opportunities as well as support hypotheses to define and communicate business cases for new roadmap initiatives
- Healthcare industry experience
- Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Experience building consumer-facing products
- Experience using Aha!, JIRA or similar tools
- Excellent multitasking and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional time-management skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.