Sr. Product Analyst - Telecommute (109077494)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze regulatory and business requirements as well as complex datasets, specifically for Medicare prospective payment software solutions
- Write technical software specifications
- Work with software developers to implement changes from the specifications in software
- Test developmental software to ensure that specified changes were correctly implemented
- Design and implement quality assurance procedures for the software product line
- Manage software release activities
- Provide product and/or regulatory training
- Troubleshoot and respond to regulatory and product inquiries
- Write documentation regarding product updates
- Will work with tools such as: MS Office, including heavy Excel (used for data QA, flat files, file editors like K-edit, Medicare reimbursement calculations, etc.), and internal/proprietary/homegrown applications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience with software development processes
- 2+ years of experience with comparing and analyzing datasets
- 2+ years of experience being responsible for software Quality Assurance or Auditing
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word & Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to quickly learn new software tools
- Ability to comprehend dense regulatory language
- Experience with VBA
- Experience with writing software test cases
- Experience with claims processing software
- Experience working with structured software coding
- Experience with hospital prospective payment reimbursement
- Experience with CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.