Senior Business Analyst - Telecommute (109067946)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We are growing and have 3 openings available!
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for creating and refining business and systems requirements to address business opportunities and formulating documentation to support the development and implementation of the technical solution. This position plays a major role in the development and implementation of core business systems and processes, and mentors and guides other Business Analysts. The Sr. Business Analysts partners closely with a Project Manager to complete assigned projects. In addition, the Sr. Business Analyst serves as the liaison between business users and technology programmers to understand user needs and develop required reporting and data analysis and may serve in a project manager capacity for smaller work efforts. The Sr. Business Analyst will work with all levels of operational leaders to gain knowledge and necessary approvals for all project work.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyzes business needs, documents requirements and translates needs into functional, non-functional and/or technical and business operations specifications
- Delivers requirements, performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business, systems, process, and/or organizational impacts
- Analyzes charts and/or diagrams of the problem to be programmed and defines system requirements in terms of system capabilities
- Develops or assists in the development of work plans, time schedules, and project task items and schedules and assists with estimating resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, equipment, and prepares routine project status reports
- Advises the appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems that can be applied to a problem. Identifies risks and issues, and seeks approval on complex matters
- Checks, instructs, assigns work, and otherwise functionally directs operational teams in order to achieve desired end-results on complex problems
- Provides onsite (at the practice) training and support as necessary during an integration
- Provides subject matter expert and operational support to internal business partners
- Partners to create necessary business artifacts (i.e. job aids, policies and procedures
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Analysis or Requirements Gathering
- Ability to use Visio to document current and future state processes
- Experience working in IT or business operations and must have experience writing technical and business requirements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working with claims processing, prior authorizations, call centers or contract configuration
- Agile and Waterfall background
- Ability to write requirements in story card format and acceptance criteria in Gherkin format (detailed description of behaviors written in Given, When, And/OR, Then format)
- Extensive attention to detail
- Effective communicator
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.