Cell Therapy IT Business Process Analyst (R1559223-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy IT Business Process Analyst
The Associate Director, Cell Therapy IT Business Process Analyst is accountable for the effective delivery of IT capabilities and services supporting Cell Therapy with a specific focus on Commercial. This is a senior role partnering with US Commercial Cell Therapy leaders to define and drive digital capabilities to meet their specific strategic needs while at the same time partnering with Ex-US Commercial and Cell Therapy Patient Ops partners.
This position will accelerate the digitization of the Cell Therapy business through technology innovation, ensure that their information capabilities and operations are reliable, accessible, and secure, and enable them to become competitively differentiated in a rapidly changing complex scientific landscape. Builds strong partnerships with the US Commercial teams to drive consistent adoption of digital capabilities and innovation opportunities and launch excellence.
We seek a passionate Senior Business Analyst to join our team in leveraging technology to accelerate the commercialization of our products. We are looking for a highly experienced candidate with solid business architecture, business process management, and communication skills.
This role is within the IT for Commercialization function and will partner with Commercialization business partners, Cell Therapy Franchise, Cell Therapy Business Process Management leaders, and other internal IT Delivery teams, outsourcing partners, and vendors to define, prioritize, plan, deliver and support strategic digital capabilities.
- Lead business analysis efforts and due diligence to discover and understand root causes of business challenges and articulate business needs.
- Elicit and translate complex business requirements into technical artifacts, including user stories, wireframes, prototypes, information flow diagrams, and process maps.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and commercialization business stakeholders to understand and generate cohesive documentation of business processes, identify business challenges, and gather & analyze current practices and standards
- Contribute to the development of “As Is – To Be” Process Models
- Record Use Cases and Scenarios of business processes and stakeholder interactions
- Capture and manage high-level & low-level requirements
- Identify instances where existing processes may be streamlined or improved.
- Develop strategic, collaborative, and trusted partnerships with stakeholders across all levels of the Commercialization function as well as IT Business Partner and Delivery functions.
- Work with stakeholders to identify qualitative improvements and calculate the quantitative benefits of implementing proposed solutions.
- Articulate and communicate requirements to Delivery teams
- Assist with communication to business & stakeholder management activities
- Assist in executing a communication and change management strategy (technological and business process) in support of project execution and rollout
- Contribute to a strategic roadmap that leverages modern, enterprise digital capabilities and approaches to create sustainable, fit-for-purpose solutions for business capabilities.
- Partner with IT project management, delivery teams, and Commercialization stakeholders for the delivery of solutions.
- Partner with IT and business partners function for Ex-US commercial, Cell Therapy Franchise, and Global Patient Operations on creation and delivery of Cell Therapy end-to-end Capabilities roadmaps as well as execution to enable a second-to-none Customer Experience.
- Communicates successes and issues accurately, urgently, and to the right audience, and takes accountability for ensuring effective management of expectations with business stakeholders.
- Coordinate & execute user acceptance testing
- Ensure overall effectiveness of IT solutions in the areas of day-to-day operations, user support, and new enhancements.
- Manage the relationships with internal customer
- Actively maintains awareness of external drivers in the business domain and relevant IT trends.
- Demonstrated mastery of key business analysis skills, including business architecture, business process management, and communications.
- Ability to build productive, trusted relationships with business stakeholders at all levels and IT colleagues.
- Ability to translate complex and ambiguous business needs into compelling business cases and rational solutions which leverage enterprise technologies.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills; ability to organize and present ideas in a convincing and compelling manner; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong business acumen; broad, enterprise-wide view and understanding of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams; able to provide technical leadership
- Able to quickly learn business processes
- Self-starter able to work interactively and independently with stakeholders - Resourceful, can-do attitude
- Detail-oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Proven analytical background; Critical thinking; Problem-solving
- Information Technology background with at least 8+ years of experience working as a business analyst and project management capacity on large and/or complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to create and support a dynamic culture of innovation and continuous improvement in a matrix organization.
- Proven ability in gathering, tracing, translating, and managing complex requirements, business rules, and data.
- Experience with process modeling tools (ARIS, Visio, etc.) to identify, capture, define, and analyze business processes
- Domain expertise in the application of IT in pharmaceuticals, including a broad understanding of typical business processes and technology capabilities.
- Cell Therapy prior experience is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Years of Experience preferred (10 years)
- Formal BA Certification; IIBA ECBA/CCBA/CBAP Certification or PMI-PBA a strong plus
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.