Business Intelligence Analyst ( 600542-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who contributes strategically to the development of national and regional marketing campaigns, both standalone and within a journey framework. Must demonstrate high-level thought aligning solutions to strategy.
- Campaigns can be complex, can involve multiple database environments, can involve using varied marketing campaign tools, and can utilize specific approaches to ensure accurate implementation of regulatory, legal, and privacy policies.
- Targeted marketing lists can involve a variety of media types, including digital and non-digital marketing (i.e., DMP, direct mail, outbound telemarketing, e-mail, SMS, door to door, and bill media) to help drive optimal sales.
- This position works collaboratively with Marketing Strategy/Execution, Legal/Privacy/Security, Offer Management, Marketing Data Management, IT, Sales, executives, data vendors, and external marketing vendors to drive marketing in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Supports implementation of new technology stack tools and data sources.
- The position requires exercising judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and requires the ability to operate independently, exhibit initiative, and manage projects through to implementation.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Market Research, Technology, or related degree or four or more years of work experience
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with the implementation of complex marketing plans and related products / projects.
- Experience with tools and new technologies and the insights to drive the team towards adoption of these new technologies.
- Customer and prospect targeting experience for marketing list development, modeling, and/or analytics using SQL for at least two years.
- Experience with customer and prospect demographic data, internally and externally sourced.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience in entertainment, telecommunications, or web-based marketing.
- Knowledge of SAS, Unix, Excel/Google Sheets, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of marketing database architecture and marketing data.
- Strong analytic skills to determine all required resources, organize information and processes, and to execute the desired marketing targeting and strategy.
- Experience translating user requirements to functional code.
- Database ETL experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with a large number of diverse work teams at various organizational levels.
- The ability to manage multiple marketing campaigns and projects with overlapping deliverable timelines and interdependencies.
- Experience with Teradata, Hadoop, Kitewheel, Adobe, Marketo, Tableau, AWS, Salesforce, Java, and HTML/CSS.
- Experience working with marketing research, research strategy, or consumer research methodologies.
- Digital experience and an understanding of trends and key business drivers.
- Understanding of legal and compliance requirements related to marketing.
- Strong project management skills to interface with IT, Legal, Marketing Strategy and vendors to take a new technology or data architecture from concept to production.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.