Senior Business Analyst, Logistics - Telecommute (109254093)
divvyDOSE, an Optum company, is reimagining health care for everyone. We’re simplifying medication delivery with personalized packages at no extra cost. We save people time by handling their medication refills and insurance needs, so they can focus on feeling their best. You can be part of our rapidly growing team that’s home to talented pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and support staff who are passionate about health and wellness. Take the next step in your career journey with an organization that makes an impact and loves doing it. Here, you’ll find bright coworkers, growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
This position will be on the OptumRx Logistics team supporting our home delivery pharmacy business including the DivvyDOSE Pharmacy. You will be responsible for working with our carriers UPS, FedEx & USPS as well as couriers and third-party logistics providers. You will use various metrics to lead projects that improve service and drive cost reduction.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contract negotiation and consolidation under broader UHG contracts for carriers like USPS/UPS MI etc.
- Carrier Reporting and service level tracking
- Setup of new carrier/couriers within opportune lanes across assigned business units
- Vendor Support (KPI’s, escalations, forecasting)
- Ownership and execution over key strategic initiatives across multiple business units
- Serve as internal specialist of parcel in cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Be responsible for managing daily operational relationships with parcel carrier vendors
- Create, document, and maintain new transportation related internal processes, training materials, and parcel carrier vendor standard operating procedures
- Monitor parcel carrier vendor compliance with standard operating procedures and performance to established service levels
- Create new metrics and goals related to overnight transportation; communicate and publish metric results
- Consult with pharmacies on strategies to improve transportation related metrics
- Pull and combine data from multiple sources and analyze to develop an understanding of parcel carrier performance
- Identify opportunities within the transportation and distribution space for process optimization and calculate associated cost savings or cost avoidance
- Summarize findings and recommendations from analysis and communicate clearly
- Serve as the primary point of contact for parcel carrier issue escalation from pharmacies
- Address service issues with transportation vendors and hold vendor counterparts accountable for root cause analysis and issue resolution
- Plan and successfully conduct cross-functional meetings
- Maintain pharmacy accounts with parcel carriers
- Back up and assist other team members as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or related work experience
- 3+ years of supply chain and logistics experience
- Prior experience working professionally & ethically with suppliers
- Intermediate Proficiency in MS Excel (Vlookup, Pivot tables, nested formulas)
- Basic Proficiency in MS Word and MS PowerPoint (creating slide decks for internal meetings)
- Solid organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous logistics experience and familiarity with parcel carrier operations
- Experience delivering presentations to groups of individuals
- Previous experience with vendor management
- Experience with project management
- Experience utilizing SQL, Tableau, MS Power BI or similar tools
- Experience creating SOP’s or process flow charts
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and solve the most pressing problems with a sense of urgency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.