Senior Business Analyst (109299809)
Senior Business Analyst - Dublin (Hybrid)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Do you want to impact decisions to help people live healthier lives? Are you an innovative Business Analyst who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges?
We want to achieve more in our mission of health care and have to be really smart about the business of health care. At Optum, we're changing the landscape of our industry. You will put your Business Analyst skills to work as you empower business partners and team members improve healthcare delivery.
You will research cutting edge big data tools, and design innovative solutions to solve business problems that only a Business Analyst can.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin or Letterkenny offices and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
About the role:
You will be a critical member of the Data Strategy team that will document business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for both our Data Engineering and Data Science teams.
You'll be working on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people live healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel that mission.
- Business Requirements Gathering and Analysis
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis. Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Sorts through large amounts of data to assess for relevancy.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Breaks complex topics into meaningful chunks of information.
- Seeks out multiple sources to gather information.
- Stakeholder Management
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures.
- Ability to document processes and process flows.
Positions in this function create and deliver high quality system solutions for our applications, products and services across all technology functions. They consult with users and technology specialists to define business processes and the information systems for supporting those processes. Individuals in these roles may perform analysis and also serve as business liaisons to understand and refine business requirements. They provide technical support in developing systems that are cost effective and meet users’ requirements.
This function works to create systems that work together in a cohesive manner, enforcing standards and methods consistently across the enterprise. Roles may support both current system improvements and maintenance along with new system development.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in Computer science or data engineering discipline
- Experience in Data Warehousing
- Proven SQL experience
- Proven Stakeholder management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making
- Experience in the healthcare or insurance sectors
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM