Senior Business Analyst - UHC M&R IS - Horsham, PA (109295241)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Lead requirements gathering, service-oriented modeling, analysis and design activities
- Develop detailed design specifications including service models and message schemas
- Develop detailed source-to-target data mapping and data transformation rules
- Develop and use enterprise service and data models
- Asist with preparing test cases/scenarios and test data, test education
- Lead root cause analysis to support consumers needs during testing and post -production support
- Serve as a mentor to other Systems Analysts
- Act as the liaison between Business Analysts, Developers and project management groups within UnitedHealth Group
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Define, use and communicate design patterns and best practices in service-oriented analysis, design and development
- Develop strategies to improve service development life cycle and governance processes
- Provide a broad business approach
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trend
Positions in this function create and deliver high quality system solutions for our applications, products and services across all technology functions. They consult with users and technology specialists to define business processes and the information systems for supporting those processes. Individuals in these roles may perform analysis and also serve as business liaisons to understand and refine business requirements. They provide technical support in developing systems that are cost effective and meet users’ requirements. This function works to create systems that work together in a cohesive manner, enforcing standards and methods consistently across the enterprise. Roles may support both current system improvements and maintenance along with new system development.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in systems analysis translating Business Requirements into system solutions/design and creating/writing technical specifications
- 7+ years of experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Solid experience with relational database concepts, defining and building out APIs and XML schemas, mapping and rules translation and hands on querying tool experience
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Development
- Ability to conduct end to end transactional analysis
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- HealthCare industry experience
- Agile methodology experience
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) experience
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
- Proficiency with Rally and Postman
- Experience with XML, JSON, and other message formats
- Experience with SQL
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.