Business Analyst - Central NJ (50964)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Jersey Central Power & Light a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp [JCPL].
The business analyst performs data mining, data interpretation and disseminates information to the leadership team for review and analysis. The business analyst works closely with stakeholders to identify goals, best practices, and other active methods for gathering and analyzing data as it relates to the needs of the organization.
In this role, the business analyst provides statistical insights and report development/generation that aid the decision-making process, align capital and resource allocation within the business budget, provide granular safety related performance data, and ad hoc business requests. The Business Analyst drives fresh initiatives for safety, financial planning and business data utilization and identifies business areas that can be improved for safety performance, increased efficiency, and strengthen business processes. The individual works closely with others throughout state operations to communicate their findings and help implement changes to support state model objectives.
- Compiling and interpreting data, from various resources, in a concise and professional manner
- Developing charts, tables, presentations and other elements of data visualization
- Identifying and prioritizing the organization's functional and technical needs and requirements
- Creating models and reports to support business decisions
- Understanding business strategies, goals, and requirements
- Forecasting, budgeting, and performing both variance analysis and financial analysis
- Supporting other business units with data requests; Workforce Development, Business Services
- Building respectful and effective working relationships with state leaders and key stakeholders in multiple business units to work collaboratively on various requests and initiatives
- Collaborating with state leaders on various data requests and providing interpretation
- Describing opportunities and solutions for the business model
- Timely responding to requests
- Providing storm support, as required, including off-hours, weekends and holidays
- Delivering quality and accurate work within established deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, with a minimum of 7 years related work experience required. An advanced degree or professional certification preferred.
- In lieu of degree, 10 years of direct, related experience required.
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Office applications – pivot tables, vlookups, filtering
- Strong computer application experience in the Microsoft suite; PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interpret and communicate data
- Experience in planning/analysis, performance reporting, forecasting, budgeting
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple priorities and projects
- Knowledge of various FE/FEU systems for sourcing data
- Ability to build strong working relationships to support leaders and business units
- Understanding of regulatory reporting requirements
- Knowledge of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Apply new technology to its fullest potential to reach operational process improvement goals
- Model active learning through continuing to learn, develop breadth of knowledge, skills and perspective
- Experience in utility operations preferred
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team