Business Analyst (57624)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with the FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.
This position will support the Analytics and Support area within Administrative Services department, including Mail Services and Food Services teams, Facility Operations, and Planning and Projects. This includes responsibility for managing service contracts; coordinating and maintaining service contract requisitions and purchase orders; setting the strategy for the Helpdesk services, ensuring the strategy is communicated to the appropriate organizations, and confirming suitable action is taken to provide superior Helpdesk services; and recommend and implement Document Control initiatives for the department. Managing strategic/analytical initiatives. This includes safety initiatives, O&M maintenance projects in OPPM, managing vehicle strategy, and category sourcing initiatives for competitive bidding of contracts. In addition, the position must demonstrate critical thinking and strategic analysis pursuant to Department goals and objectives, and always look for and execute continuous improvement opportunities. The position must maintain a safe work environment and supports a workplace of respect, appreciation, and acceptance for everyone. This position reports to the Manager, Analytics and Support,.
- Demonstrating a solid commitment to all aspects of safety.
- Initiate, implement, and track the departments duties in the procurement processes (requisitions, purchase orders, scope of work, and bidding process).
- Create/Prepare Standardized Reporting of reports (accruals, variances, monthly financials, and multi-year budgets of purchase orders for the department).
- Identify and provide input on process improvements of Administrative Services
- Conduct business specific research, analyze data, trends and interpret results, and make recommendations on matters related to assigned projects.
- Maintain and update documentation of department policies and procedures.
- Support performance metrics and forecasting.
- Actively seek formal and informal learning opportunities to better understand Administrative Services.
- Work on multiple projects and ad-hoc management requests simultaneously.
- Delivering professional quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
- Contribute to solutions by taking initiative to develop alternatives and recommendations.
- Proactively seek ways to build, challenge and add value within scope of assignments.
- Demonstrate sound internal and/or external customer service.
- Develop effective working relationships and credibility with employees within the work group and stakeholders.
- Aid during emergencies and storm-related activities including travelling to various FirstEnergy locations.
Qualifications at the Asst. Business Analyst
- Two- or four-year degree in a related discipline preferred, with minimum 0-2 years relevant work experience required. In lieu of degree, minimum 2 years relevant work experience will be required. The experience must include a basic understanding of the subject matter. Related experience includes data reporting, analysis, costing and recommendations.
- Proficient computer application skills: such as Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, and proficiency in PowerPoint and Word, Qlikview, UI Planner.
- Highly driven, self-motivated worker that is organized, task oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience in process/project development, planning/analysis, and performance reporting.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Knowledge of the procurement process for goods and services.
- Good analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Financial acumen (e.g., contract management, forecast and planning of budgets).
- Must be a self-starter and require minimal supervisory oversight with good time management skills.
Qualifications at the Assoc Business Analyst degree include all the above plus:
- Two- or four-year degree in a related discipline is preferred, with minimum 2-4 years relevant work experience required. In lieu of degree, minimum 4 years relevant work experience will be required. The experience also must include a general understanding of the subject matter.
Qualifications at the Business Analyst degree include all the above plus:
- Two-to-four-year degree in a related discipline is preferred, along with minimum 4 years relevant work experience required. In lieu of degree, minimum 7 years relevant work experience will be required.
- Exercises independent judgment on basic projects and assignments. Proficient in basic skills, understands technical and/or business processes, and possesses intermediate troubleshooting skills.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team