Senior Business Analyst Consultant - Telecommute (109509125)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role supports the Director with end-to-end business/affordability clinical analytics support. The role will combine technical capability with business analytics know-how, to include concept and build out of appropriate dashboard and reporting metrics. Assists in developing critical performance dashboards and reports in order to assess progress of clinical affordability programs. This position requires both technical capability and analytical capability to tell the business story underlying the data. In addition, the role will have responsibility for data and reporting quality and accuracy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Researches, retrieves, designs and delivers organized analytics and reporting of key clinical performance metrics
- Analyzes benchmarking data, reports, processes, and measurements. Provides concise summary of findings and observations
- Documents and develops complex business analysis and reporting requirements
- Evaluates and prioritizes data changes and enhancements, liaison with internal technical teams on data quality assurance
- Interprets data, facts and/or trends independently and makes business recommendations to management and stakeholders
- Coordinates a variety of projects/requests simultaneously and ensures timely completion in accordance with business initiatives
- Develops innovative approaches to achieve deliverables
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years’ clinical business performance analysis experience
- Experience with data visualization tools, specifically Tableau and/or Power BI
- Experience with Smartsheet
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience summarizing observations and findings in a reporting structure to be presented to senior leadership and external clients
- Business knowledge of government programs (Medicare Advantage) healthcare data and systems
- Ability to extract and synthesize complex clinical data and understand the underlying business conditions reflected in data trends and patterns and be able to communicate clearly to high level leadership
- Solid communication and collaboration skills when working with stakeholders to drive change
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and flexibility
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.