Senior Business Analyst - Telecommute (109490663)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You believe data can help reshape the future, and you find yourself loving the thrill of diving into challenging analysis. At UnitedHealth Group, you'll find an organization that will recognize those talents and have lots of growth potential. Here, you will be empowered, supported and encouraged to use your analysis expertise to help change the future of health care. Does the challenge intrigue you?
As a key member of the Analyst team, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will grow and develop as you conduct and manage outcomes of various studies. You will be challenged to analyze, review, and forecast data for operational and business planning. As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data, and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Business Analysts will be assigned to various major business process and system projects involving multi-functional areas with potentially significant financial and regulatory impacts within the Sales Technology Delivery and Support team as part of UnitedHealthcare, Medicare & Retirement. This is a great opportunity to work with a wide variety of systems and people across the company. The Technology, Delivery and Support team supports agent on-boarding, agent commission payments, member enrollments, agent help desk functions and other functions supporting the selling agent network. This will be an opportunity to have a positive impact on projects and process improvements to enhance sales force effectiveness. Not all assigned projects will require IT solutions and could be business process focused.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in the Eden Prairie, MN, area, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a liaison between internal business partners and other 3rd parties
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements, translating them into operational plans, projects, and enhancements that support Sales, Planning and Operations(SPO)
- Acts in a consultant role to others for interdepartmental team efforts, such as updates to the production systems and seasonal ramp planning
- Document business processes and supporting work-flows as they relate to the problems the project is trying to solve
- Provide subject matter expertise, define business processes and effective solutions
- Translate business objectives into requirements and functional specifications, supporting document creation and automation efforts
- Partner with IT / Vendor resources to review specifications and coordinate approvals
- Develop test strategies, create use cases and manage unit testing efforts
- Manage defect resolution throughout the system development life cycle
- Manage portfolio of projects end to end, ensuring all BA deliverables are met
- Solves moderately complex problems and / or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience, providing training and mentorship to team members as well as business partners
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Takes a lead role for process improvement initiatives
- Provides regular updates to leadership about projects and partnerships
- Performs other duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the company and department
This position will be hybrid in the Eden Prairie area but can be full telecommute for those outside the area.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years business analysis experience including the gathering/documenting of business requirements, process maps and/or UAT required
- 3+ years of professional level experience with MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 3+ years of experience present technical information to non-technical leadership
- 2+ years of experience conducting cross function analysis in a matrix environment
- 1+ years of experience prioritizing technical and non-technical enhancements with leadership
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Program or Project Management experience
- 1+ years of experience working within an SDLC (system development life cycle) methodology including any of the following: Agile, Waterfall, Smart BPM, RSA or equivalent
- Healthcare experience preferred
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.