Senior Business Analyst (109460838)
Senior Business Analyst - Letterkenny (Hybrid)
Optum, the fast growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Letterkenny office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
About the Role:
This role is primarily responsible for supporting the Claims Services & Solutions business as part of a Business Insight team. This team sits within a wider Business Planning, OpEx & Insight team of ten people. Although these are distinct teams, there is synergy between them and the successful candidate will be required to understand these synergies & develop them further. Telework is an option for the right candidate.
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise to the Claims Leadership team
- Creating new Reports as required by the organization
- Analyzing data, driving to root cause issues, identifying trends, problem solving and providing key recommendations based on analysis
- Collaboration across the Business Planning, OpEx & Insight team as well as with business stakeholders across the wider Claims Services & Solutions team. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a strong team ethos and strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Close working relationship with our Claims Ops team, ensuring our metrics are accurate, timely and trends/variances/anomalies are understood and explained.
- Close working relationship with our India Partner Reporting Team.
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient/Advanced in MS applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio
- Trend & Variance Analysis experience
- Process Improvement Experience
- Experience in any of the following areas;
- Project Management
- Lean Six Sigma
- Experience in leading people
- Proficient in Alteryx &/or Tableau
- Claim Processing experience
- Automation Experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.