Senior Product Analyst - Telecommute (109532993)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Our Product Management group is vital to our success and leads in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in Product Management relies on many factors—your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst to join the OptumInsight Analytics team. OptumInsight is uniquely positioned to be the backbone of the healthcare industry achieving admirable goals like driving tens of billions of dollars of efficiency into the healthcare system. We have the portfolio breadth and depth to achieve this very worthy goal. As a key Product leader in the Provider or Payer space, you will responsible for driving discipline around new and existing product lines.
You will also be responsible for cross-portfolio strategy efforts and the continued evolution of our product culture. You will strategically and creatively think about how our products and teams should work and translating a vision to processes that impacts millions of lives and helps health the health care system. You will also be responsible for collaborating with other senior product managers in the development of our core products.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Strategic projects. Will require working across Product leadership and broader OptumInsight leadership teams
- Drive budget planning and capital budgeting process. Will require continuous improvement of existing planning process
- Drive product execution processes. Responsible for driving discipline around our product planning and execution processes including alignment with cross-functional partner
- Define and implement new managed services in adjacent content spaces
- Meet with internal stakeholders to understand pain points and help guide priorities
- Build effective relationships with customers, product partners across Optum, development, front office and other internal stakeholder groups
- Empower customer implementation teams and sales partners through guidance and training
- Provide guidance during customer (and prospective customer) visits and during the RFP process as the functional and feature expert
- Strong analytic skills and ability to evaluate alternatives and make compelling recommendations based on solid business case analysis
- Effectively lead team as they drive portfolio operations and strategy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with any combination of Product management, health system strategy, claims data assets
- 1+ years managing complex projects, including complex product development processes
- MBA, and/or consulting experience
- Healthcare experience
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Effective formal presentation and facilitation skills in a variety of settings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including announcements and executive presentations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deliverables and work in a highly matrixed environment
- Track record of being self-motivated
- Ability to both develop strategies and execute against those plans
- Naturally curious
- Ability to Travel up to 25%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.