Sr Business Systems Analyst - Telecommute (109599588)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function create and deliver high quality system solutions for our applications, products and services across all technology functions. They consult with users and technology specialists to define business processes and the information systems for supporting those processes. Individuals in these roles may perform analysis and also serve as business liaisons to understand and refine business requirements. They provide technical support in developing systems that are cost effective and meet users’ requirements. This function works to create systems that work together in a cohesive manner, enforcing standards and methods consistently across the enterprise. Roles may support both current system improvements and maintenance along with new system development. Reviews the work of others. Develops innovative approaches. Sought out as expert. Serves as a leader/ mentor.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead requirements gathering, service-oriented modeling, analysis and design activities
- Evaluate business requirements and prepare detailed functional and technical specifications
- Communicate design to all stakeholders and varying levels of the organization
- Serve as the liaison between business and systems analysts, developers and project management groups
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Define, use and communicate design patterns and best practices in service oriented analysis, design and development
- Ability to write test cases and execute testing, both manual and automated
- Collaborate with User Acceptance team to ensure testing efforts align with system deliveries and business processes
- Assist business users in defining User Acceptance Testing, test cases and plans
- Develop strategies to improve service development life cycle and governance processes
- Comply with standards of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures within information Technology software
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Claim Processing, Systems Analysis or IT Development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- 3+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) /System Development Life Cycle
- 3+ years of experience translating business requirements into a detailed system specifications
- UnitedHealth Group/UMR work experience
- Health care experience
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Experience working in an Agile environment or familiarity with Agile methodology
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly analytical mindset
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.