Business Analyst Consultant - Telecommute (109721443)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Business Analyst Consultant, you will be empowered to support short and long term operational / strategic business activities; develop, enhance and maintain operational information and models that will have an impact on business decisions. In this leadership role, the incumbent will have the opportunity to take the contributions of clinical operations and create valuable solutions to improve the health care system. Responsible for performing root-cause analyses across functions, advise management on opportunities for efficiencies and focus on measurable benefits. Coach / mentor business process owners and team members in process improvement methodologies and improvement tools (value stream mapping, metrics, risk assessments). Inspire and motivate others to improve the way we do business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build relationships, with the ability to influence effectively within the department
- Work independently and takes initiative, under the direction of department leaders and with the support of program management community of practice
- Solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions; working through issues and roadblocks with stakeholders to reach amicable solutions. Understands the complexity within functions, relationships, and contractual obligations with the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Pogram development, value proposition, oversight, and day-to-day management for case management programs
- Develop standard processes for implementing clinical programs and services
- Partner with IT department to develop IT solution to support clinical model
- Develop workflows required to meet customer needs or partner with policy writers to review
- Develop specific clinical workflows and job aids to train new staff
- Resolve problems and provide guidance to clinical operations staff
- Provide consultation in the development of clinical reports with an ability to drive change and innovation through continually seeking and implementing innovative solutions; creating a culture that thrives on continuous change.
- Represent the Clinical Operations as needed in a SME role
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ Additional years of Clinical Analysis, Clinical Operations, or Clinical Case Management Experience in addition to what is outlined below in lieu of degree requirement
- 3+ years of Clinical analysis with tracking, planning projects, and making data-driven analytical decisions
- 2+ years of experience with project methodology (requirements, design, development, test and implementation)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s Degree or Higher
- Lean Six Sigma training/certification
- 2+ years of Health insurance experience
- Experience in Change Management
- Excellent oral and written communications / interpersonal skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective situational leadership, quick and continuous learning style, and lead a culture of continuous improvement
- Ability to influence change and innovation through collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and complete complex work efforts to meet established objectives
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.