Business Process Optimization - Improvement/Development Analyst ( MERCUSR187918ENUS)
Our Animal Health Marketing team takes a customer centric perspective using customer feedback and market intelligence data. Using this data, we design, develop and deploy products, platforms, brands and marketing initiatives that ensure we can improve the health and well-being of animals everywhere.
- Comprehensive business analysis to identify existing processes and significant process gaps for evaluation, modification and/or creation; ensuring streamlined, efficient and productive processes to drive business initiatives
- Monitor and collect data on current operations, including scheduling, sourcing, warehousing, production, and delivery
- Analyze data to determine areas for performance improvement, process improvement, needs for process development and documentation
- Make data-driven business recommendations to support the improvement/enhancement of existing processes, as well as outline needed processes where none (or insufficient) exist
- Investigate pain points within the process and develop solutions to resolve conflicts and inefficiencies; make corresponding business recommendations
- Convey with other departments within the organization to identify efficiency issues, develop solutions, and implement changes; create consensus and alignment at all levels, including senior leadership
- Work with appropriate training resources to document the training needs and requirements to ensure successful execution and compliance
- Create performance reports for management to review
- Monitor supply plans through exception management to exceed customer service levels while maintaining inventory targets and adhering to planning parameters.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Gathers business/operational/industry data from multiple sources, analyzes and reports those items to drive operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Collaborate with other business functions with data collection methods and harmonization of resources
- Collaborate with marketing and finance to review demand forecasts, historical sales trends and understand demand drivers.
- Collaborate with commercial teams to ensure alignment between business needs and solutions; help to identify and execute on analytical projects that best support those needs
- Manage weekly, monthly, and annual projects and their reports keeping the business running, as assigned.
- Data analytics
- Process improvement/development
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Critical-thinking skills
- Organizational abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication – verbal and written
- Detail oriented
- Cross-functional collaboration and consensus building
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, logistics, analytics, finance, or a similar field
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Prior logistics/supply chain optimization experience optimal
- At least five to seven years of relevant experience
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Flex Time
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1