Business Analyst Consultant (109857466)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- This resource will focus on supporting our day-to-day business operations and foundational capabilities within in the Employer channel to maintain underlying programs, product and supported health plans operational fidelity
- The resource will need to work cross functionality with matrixed partners within OBH, within UHG and affiliated 3rd party vendors to ensure alignment with what customers have been sold to what is operationalized behind the scenes
- This resource must possess the willingness to learn product and healthplan specifications, operational business processes surrounding these specifications and be able to translate that into system inferences and data which drive our underlying ability to support operationalization of programs. It is critical that this individual is willing to learning the identifiers, inferences and various push/pulls of data from upstream and downstream systems, be able to visualize that flow of information to enable underlying business processes that translate to product fidelity and overall specifications
- Inquiries, issues and/or gaps may emerge that will this resource to possess a high proficiency of problem solving skills and be of an analytical mindset (ranging from customer specific inquiries all the way to direction from legal/compliance/regulatory which impact our product production operations). As such, this individual must be comfortable working with disparate pieces of information related to business processes and technology (data) to help pinpoint the breakdown and/or identified information to result in a solve
- The applicant will need to creatively problem solve for variety of issues that emerge as a result of our scale of products and programs in production. To do so, the applicant will need to be able to understand the business (insurance/product) side of what should be operational and learn how to identify those inferences (if not clearly called out) in potentially disjointed systems, data and extracts.
- Applicant will need a high proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Within MS Excel itself, the applicant must be capable of creative solutioning to approach a business need by working with available data which may be incomplete and require piece mailing together to facilitate a solve of a business inquiry or issue. The data may be in different formats and from different areas requiring the individual themselves to refine and scrub the information to get it to the level where they can then perform the analysis. As such critical skills to possess are using built in formulas/functions, working with pivot tables, using complex VLookups and creative ways to use built in functions and other derivatives to piecemeal gaps of information together are necessary so answers to business inquiries can occur
- As a plus, the applicant would also possess the skills to create efficiencies within their own business processes through the use of automation or other tools, such as the ability to create macro driven workbooks for task, inquiry and business process automation that feel repetitive in nature (or possess the ability for efficiency)
- May contribute to exploration and growth opportunities in conjunction with the Solutioning Program Manager on quantifying business opportunities related to product/client specific requests and offer up suggestions to creatively “solve” for process and technology gaps which would impede our ability to go to market with a product or client specific solution. Needs to be able to help guide and resolve inquiries from account teams / growth to help answer client specific and/or market related questions that require channel expertise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, Information Technology, or related field
- 1+ year of experience in analysis of business process and workflow and providing an evaluation, benchmark and/or process improvement recommendations
- 1+ year of experience with project methodology (requirements, design, development, test and implementation)
- 1+ year of experience working with excel, including complex V-Lookups, Graphs, and Pivot tables
- 1+ year of experience with other Microsoft Products including Word, Powerpoint and Visio
- Experience coding macros to automate tasks in MS Office products
- Experience with PC-based software programs and automated database management systems (SAS, SQL, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, Optum, UnitedHealth, UnitedHealth Group, Business Analyst Consultant, Remote, WFH, Telecommute, #Green