Business System Analyst - Telecommute (109856980)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Who are we? We’re a dynamic partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise in revenue cycle management. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources, and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
This position will perform review and analysis of data, billing processes, collaborates with other departments and team members to find resolution for billing issues of any type. Communicates well, able to explain research and findings to management. Also responsible for planning and implementing projects that drive efficiency and quality within the Revenue Services. Ideal candidate must be able to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data using Excel/SQL/VBA, etc. and then be able to provide answers to business questions and billing issues found through analyzing the data. You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review existing billing processes in revenue services, various systems used, recognize inefficiencies in (operational or technical) and recommend improvements
- Analyze, interpret, identify trends in large amounts of data using Excel/SQL/VBA/Access, etc. Perform data mining/analytics and present data driven conclusion to management
- Automate billing processes and reports
- Implement new technologies and processes
- Analyze insurance billing denials to identify trends and recommend solutions.
- Recommend solutions to decrease bad debt/write offs and increase cash for receivables from laboratory tests
- Ability to resolve payer billing issues, AR analysis to identify top opportunities & provide improvement recommendations
- Identification and communication of billing and reimbursement issues to management
- Preparation of reports and presentations as needed by management
- Collaborate with billing departments for assigned tasks as necessary
- Create/deliver SOPs, process maps, trainings, requirement documents
- Lead special projects independently and collaborate with all cross functional teams and follow through until implementation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience as a Business and data analysis
- 2+ years of experience in medical healthcare billing/revenue services (order entry, insurance billing, AR analysis, etc.)
- System analysis experience
- Proficient in SQL queries, data extraction and manipulation
- Knowledge of billing processes & concepts like CPT coding, reimbursement processes, claims submissions, payer rules, limited coverage policies, account receivables
- Excellent excel skills - create pivot tables, vlook up, formulas, graphs
- Data analysis & presenting data drawn conclusions
- MS Office - Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint (ability to create and modify documents & presentations within MS Word and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Analytics, Health Administration, or related field
- Clinical laboratory billing experience in healthcare revenue services
- VBA, MS Access, Macro’s knowledge
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines within standards
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to accept, create and manage change
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication (including excellent verbal and writing skills)
- Good team player with strong work ethic and service mentality, diplomacy, must be able to work with multiple teams, positive can-do attitude
- Leadership skills will be an asset for the job
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.