Senior Business Data Analyst - Telecommute (109779713)
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
This individual is responsible for collecting, collating, and evaluating issues and problems with data and will work closely with Data Governance Manager and Data and Reporting Services teams. Responsibilities include creating data standards, maintaining data quality, resolving data issues, and maintain enterprise metadata such as data dictionaries and report dictionaries in the Collibra platform.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work closely with data owners and business stakeholders to identify and resolve data quality issues and root causes
- Collaborate with client facing teams to manage issues with external data providers
- Profile and analyze data to determine and enforce data quality rules
- Interface between business and IT for future changes
- Create processes and deployment plans to support new governance initiatives
- Maintain the quality of critical data elements
- Develop data standards
- Strong documentation skills - ability to write clear, concise, unambiguous definitions for report and data dictionaries, such as descriptions related to backend tables, columns, report filters, and report calculation logic
- Ability to read and write SQL scripts and, most importantly, reverse engineer older/existing reports by analyzing stored procedures and scripts and documenting what the report code is doing with clear definitions and descriptions
- Ability to identify and document the source of the data, such as which backend database and table the information is coming from, and understand how the data is flowing, from ingestion down to the downstream reports and systems
- Strong communication skills - collaborate with all levels of end users and client facing teams, including executive level staff, to manage requests, questions, and issues
- Act as a liaison between business and IT on data and reporting questions that may arise
- Quickly understand new requirements or problems, and then suggest a possible solution
- Gathering and performing thorough analyses of all the information available
- Add, update, and delete information within our metadata platform, Collibra
- Have experience with testing and UAT processes
- Extracting data and performing analysis on an as-needed basis, using SQ
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of advanced Excel and/or PowerBI or PowerPivot experience
- 5+ years of Business Data Analysis experience
- 4+ years of experience reading, writing and running basic SQL queries
- Tableau experience
- Collibra or equivalent data governance/metadata tool experience
- Knowledge in Health care industry
- Solid writing skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.