Associate Business Analyst - Telecommute (109759390)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function create and deliver high quality system solutions for our applications, products and services across all technology functions. They consult with users, business leaders, and technology specialists to define business processes and the information systems that support those processes. Individuals in these roles perform analysis and serve as business liaisons to understand and refine business requirements. This function works to create systems that work together in a cohesive manner, enforcing standards and methods consistently across the enterprise. This role supports both current system improvements and maintenance along with new system development.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Facilitate and coordinate projects that may span multi-departmental and cross-functional areas
- Create and update business requirements documents in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders
- Develop business context diagrams (e.g. business data flows, process flows) to analyze and confirm project requirements
- Identify the business impact of system/application changes
- Identify gaps between the current state and desired state of business processes/systems
- Perform reviews with all stakeholders to obtain approval/sign-off of project requirements documents
- Ensure that all stakeholders are fully informed of new/updated solutions, and identify/escalate any issues communicated by stakeholders
- Support, contribute to and/or facilitate the identification/prioritization of business/process solutions
- Seek opportunities to improve operating efficiencies/effectiveness
- Analyze risk/reward for identified solutions (ROI analysis)
- Assist in the development of training programs to support implementation of the solution
- Identify appropriate testing metrics/scenarios to validate that business requirements are being met and conduct testing activities
- Communicate testing results to appropriate stakeholders
- Provide ongoing support to ensure proper implementation and adoption of the solution
- Follows procedures and performs routine/structured work and also able to complete some tasks independently without guidance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent experience and education
- 1+ years of creating requirements documents and/or working with requirements documents
- 1+ years of UAT testing experience
- 1+ years of experience overseeing various projects while effectively prioritizing multiple tasks, and deadlines timely and accurately
- 1+ years presenting findings/analysis to peers and supervisors
- Basic understanding of database concepts
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience working with Billing, Enrollment and Eligibility, Customer Relations, Member Services, Claims and HCSA
- Solid organizational, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create basic SQL queries
- Ability to manage multiple large scale projects simultaneously
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $21.68 to $38.56. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $23.94 to $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.