Business Intelligence Analyst ( 600191-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be helping us bring the best possible experiences to our customers by helping us to identify what they like, and create personalized recommendations for them based on what we’ve learned. Using your analytics expertise, you’ll help us determine how to get the most accurate information and insights from all kinds of data that tell us what consumers are clicking on, listening to and watching...so we know where to focus.
- Creatively using data to understand our customer behavior to better personalize and improve their entertainment experience.
- Partnering with others across the business to build prototypes and new approaches for capturing data and analyzing consumer behavior.
- Designing experiments to confirm our assumptions and answer our questions.
- Consulting with cross-functional partners and senior leaders on insights, trends, and data-driven recommendations and solutions.
- Finding ways to simplify activities by creating libraries, utilities and code.
- Being a part of the team that identifies opportunities for using data analysis to enhance the Verizon Internal Audit team’s role.
- Providing both advisory and analytical support by identifying, developing, documenting, or executing analytics during all relevant stages of an audit.
- Assisting the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and Verizon management in accomplishing their objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the overall control environment, risk management, and governance processes.
- Gaining extensive exposure to diverse aspects of Verizon's business through audit assist and standalone projects, including reporting dashboards, process automations, and continuous auditing / monitoring and risk assessment models.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Scala orJava.
- Experience with Python andR.
- Experience withMatLaband/or SQL.
- Experience with applied statistics including regression models.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operations research, Economics, or a related field.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience working with Computer Vision, NLP, Text Mining, or Recommender Systems.
- Experience working with Spark.
- Experience with analyzing data to uncover business insights.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.