Business Analyst (2207389)
Business Analyst (Job Number: 2207389 )
This position can be based out of Dearborn MI, Reading PA, Beachwood OH, or Duluth GA
A Penske Logistics Business Analyst (FM Operations Support) is a liaison between TM Operations, Technology, and the Customer. The Business Analyst is to provide feedback and support on solutions and systems implementations. The Business Analyst will maintain solutions as it relates to the customer agreement but may recommend system changes to improve efficiency or reduce support. The position has high visibility both internally and externally and will require interaction with senior levels of both organizations. This position helps oversee and lead the required work for support team, including alignment of multiple initiatives and groups with competing priority. The Business Analyst for FM Operations Support is responsible to provide tactical and strategic direction and guidance to ensure customer requirements are met. This role requires cross-functional involvement within Penske Logistics, customers, vendors, suppliers. This requires strong communication skills and the ability to facilitate among various team members to drive solutions and requirements.
- Communicates team expectations including feedback on performance
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer system solutions as they pertain to TMS/FM solutions.
- Responds to user inquiries, isolates problems, determines and implements solution.
- Define and execute UAT (User Acceptance Testing) for TMS related enhancements.
- Digging into resolutions to problems, root cause analysis
- Penske user and customer point of contact for review of existing system solutions and feedback/coordination of possible solution and change management with impacted parties.
- Supports the design and implementation of a developed supply chain solution as it relates to specific Penske business agreements, including test plan creation.
- Ensure that system changes are accurate with limited impact.
- Participate in process improvement teams
- Applies established business rules for daily error management.
- Meet customer business change deliverables and communicate impact
- Interacts with the customer by phone, email or in person on an as needed basis.
- Be able to resolve situations quickly, communicate status of problem, and work with the appropriate subject matter expert until it is fixed with the guidance of a more senior level associate
- Document process flows to better engage end user requirements and translate to systems development/engineering as needed.
- Create standard procedures and provide training to various audiences on process changes.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Helps translates business requirements into system requirements
- Manages the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
- Main point of contact for client group updates, issues, and questions.
- 1-3 years comparable work experience – specific to Transportation Management Systems
- Bachelor's Degree preferred: Business Administration, Logistics & Supply Chain Management preferred
- System aptitude, problem solving, ability to work within multiple applications
- Fundamental understanding or desire to learn transportation, supply chain and logistics concepts are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Intermediate experience with Excel preferred
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required .
- Experience with Transportation Management systems required
- Consistently demonstrates proven ability to learn and use necessary tools
- Ability to follows process and standard procedures required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :15041 S Commerce Drive 15041 S Commerce DriveSuite 400
Dearborn, MI 48120
Primary Location : United States-Michigan-Dearborn
Job : Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 2207389