Business Analyst (Digital Health Readiness Lead) - Telecommute (109927670)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Clinical Technology Solutions (CTS) Digital team is building an innovative, comprehensive digital enablement services capability and framework utilizing the collective expertise of our clinical, consulting, delivery, technology, and operations teams. We are bringing together some of the leaders in the industry to further our mission of making the health system work better for everyone. For you, that means working on high performance teams to leverage the power of technology and services delivery to improve care along with the patient and provider experience.
The Digital Enablement Readiness Lead will be responsible for assisting organizations in the transition from their manual processes and existing technology platforms to innovative digital health capabilities. The focus of this role is to work with the application teams, operational stakeholders, communications/marketing teams, informatics, and service excellence groups to ensure client end-users both internal and external are equipped with the full knowledge of upcoming workflow, technical changes, and new capabilities. The goal is to ensure the organization is well-prepared for the digital enhancements, empowering them to assume ownership of the new processes, and facilitate a enable a well-planned transition.
Solid candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, innovation, leadership, future planning, process improvement, and team collaboration. Most importantly, our team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
- Coordinate readiness activity from change/workflow analysis, communications, marketing, training, go-live and ongoing performance metrics
- Establish and maintain solid relationships with operational leaders, marketing/communications and informatics teams and provide them with direct support for the implementation and go-live phases of the digital enablement projects
- Collaborate with the project team, subject matter experts, training, and application teams to guide system changes that reflect an in-depth understanding of the business process and end user requirements (both internal and consumer focused)
- Partner with training teams on communication and implementation of Super User programs, road shows, user settings labs, and other operational engagement activities
- Partner with change management and communications/marketing teams to develop, vet, and circulate routine readiness communications to facility leadership and organization staff-at-large
- Partner with training and application teams on planning and implementation of workflow walk throughs
- Serve as escalation point for both project team and operations leadership as needed
- Provide clinic operations expertise to facilitate operational readiness based on future state workflows
- Partner with implementation leaders to facilitate operational readiness based on future state workflows
- Partner with implementation leaders to facilitate engagement in governance and advisory committees and communication of issues, recommendations, and resolution paths
- Support operational champions to facilitate best practice and enterprise design approaches
- Provide leadership in operational and consumer readiness activities including workflow walk throughs by providing support and guidance to facility leadership for success, planning, and deployment
- Track progress of projects and ensure all milestones and timelines are met, quickly identifying, and escalating any risks to meeting these milestones and timelines
- Assist in coordination of go-live engagement activities and partner with Super Users and go-live support resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years combined experience across HealthCare and /or IT domains with at least 1 of those years working in Digital Health
- Intermediate proficiency with Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Ability to travel up to 50% annually, USA domestic locations. Travel may be lower depending on project requirements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Data Science or Healthcare
- Certification in Service Management, Project Management, or Business Analysis
- Consulting experience - client management and delivery
- Patient Management and EHR application knowledge to facilitate build, testing, support, and training activities for digital enablement workflows
- Proven success in internal and external communication and relationship management with all levels of expertise from administrative to executive
- Possess excellent team management, communication and leadership skills and a commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion and a culture of innovation
- Excellent team management, communication, and leadership skills
- Technical aptitude to fully understand and gain the necessary knowledge required to effectively collaborate with members and team members on any project assigned
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills, and an ability to balance multiple priorities
- Solid communications skills both in writing, on video and in person
- In-depth knowledge of EMR and clinical workflows
- Develop and implement performance improvement initiatives aimed at improving end-user service operating costs, group functions and productivity
- Demonstrate solid relationships and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent in assessing and managing employee satisfaction results and assist leadership in the execution of improvement action plans
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain solid internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through solid consultative skills
- Demonstrate a solid ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group, and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.