Business Analyst - (Value Model Development) - Telecommute (109927672)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumHealth is a $2B company and the world's largest behavioral health managed care and Wellness Company. The Business Analyst - Value Model Development with Optum Behavioral Health Solutions is responsible for managing the financial reporting for our portfolio of initiatives to support an improvement in quality, value and reduce behavioral health cost. This position will ensure accurate and robust value models to track BH initiatives to support C&S, M&R, E&I (U-Channel) through a variety of projects.
The Healthcare Value Optimization team’s objective is to identify, develop and deploy targeted initiatives to improve quality and mitigate trends to assist in keeping healthcare affordable. Initiatives may span across multiple business segments, departments, processes and subject areas. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for continuous learning, interest in efficiency via automated options, recurring and ad hoc reporting and creative problem solving. He/she will be sought out as an expert on the financial reporting they support, sharing work with a wide array of audiences. This is a great opportunity to utilize solid skills in analytics, reporting, presenting and influencing others.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interpret and analyze claims, authorization, and membership data, and recommend best approaches in support of project measurement and financial analyses
- Develop savings models to project/measure the financial impact of initiatives
- Create and update automated processes within measurement databases (Access & SQL)
- Lead and collaborate with team members to deliver actionable data to internal and external partners
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, measurement modeling and financial reports
- Ensure prompt escalation of challenges/issues that will impact the business and initiative delivery
- Serves as subject matter expert to project leads in support of financial performance
- Provides management with findings, explanations, and conclusions in detail and summary formats
- Review data extraction and analytics of other analysts on the team
- Interpret and analyze data and recommend best approaches
- Performs complex data validation and conceptual analyses
- Company thought leader
- Functional SME
- Resource to senior leadership
- Collaborates with finance teams to ensure alignment with industry standards
- Accountability for meeting deliverable timelines
This is a complex, fast-paced, matrixed environment with a lot of moving parts. As a key member of the Healthcare Value Optimization Measurement team, the Business Analyst - Value Model Development would be responsible for leading the development and management of all initiative value models. The Business Analyst will interact with multiple levels of matrixed staff and functions/departments across one or more business units to review monthly performance results, identify drivers of results and make recommendations on the measurement approach as needed.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience working with partners and gathering requirements
- 5+ years working in/from a data warehouse environment
- 3+ years of experience in business / finance analysis or in financial services within a managed care organization, health insurer, or as a consultant
- Experience mining large data sets, familiarity with Big Data mining tools is a plus
- Experience with SQL and/or SAS programming
- Solid understanding of relational database fundamentals
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Excel and Access; proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, or related field
- Project management experience
- Ability to build solid relationships across a variety of stakeholders
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to work independently and systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions, and successfully devise/implement solutions calmly and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid data presentation skills
- High integrity with a reputation of a trusted confidential advisor and partner
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.