Business Analyst - Akron, OH, Greensburg, PA or Reading, PA (45664)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.[FEU]
Distribution Portfolio Development is an innovative team that leads the development of the three-year distribution capital portfolios for all Distribution Operating Companies and Regulated Generation. The team is proficient in identifying, prioritizing, and communicating the financial and regulatory strategies of each company while maintaining a balanced portfolio that meets FirstEnergy’s operational and financial obligations.
This position requires a reporting location of Akron, Greensburg, or Reading with the opportunity for flexible work arrangements. Please indicate your work location preference when applying.
This posting is for a Business Analyst position whose main function will be to assist in the development of FirstEnergy Utilities’ three-year distribution capital portfolio to ensure the financial and operational aspects of the portfolio are aligned with the strategy of FirstEnergy and FirstEnergy Utility (FEU) leadership.
- Leading discussions and providing guidance to the Distribution Operating Companies and Regulated Generation to ensure their three-year capital portfolios are appropriately funded while meeting the financial obligations of FirstEnergy
- Understanding the financial and regulatory impacts of the proposed portfolios and driving consistency through recommendations to ensure all project costs, schedules and scopes meet each Operating Company’s commitments and needs
- Supporting development of the three-year capital portfolio and aiding with oversight by performing financial analysis, evaluation, and ad-hoc support
- Engaging various business units (Business Services, I.T., Engineering, Rates, Treasury, Work Management, etc.) of FirstEnergy and ensuring they are aligned with the Distribution Capital Portfolio Process
- Developing of executive presentations that tie together financial scenarios with operational requirements, internal labor planning and portfolio risks
- Acting as liaison between Distribution Operating Companies and Reporting team. Providing translation of regional data/reporting needs to necessary changes in the portfolio project database (OPPM)
- Monitoring UIPlanner forecasts to ensure clear translation occurs between portfolio presentations and system entry
- Performing strategic research and data mining to support Portfolio analysis and reporting
- Leveraging Microsoft Office Suite – Pivot Table and PowerBi experience is a plus, TOAD for Oracle and QlikView to support monthly and ad-hoc reporting for the distribution and transmission organizations
- Providing analytical support to Transmission Portfolio Development and Transmission Finance
- Providing general administrative, financial, logistical, and analytical assistance on a wide range of activities throughout the FirstEnergy Utilities organization
- As needed - Providing hazard assistance during emergencies and storm related activities
- Travel as required for the Capital Portfolio Round meetings.
- Two to four year degree in a related discipline is preferred, along with minimum 4 years relevant work experience required. In lieu of degree, minimum 7 years relevant work experience will be required.
- Relevant work experience includes experience in identifying and acting on process improvements, analyzing and projecting work that must be performed, monitoring requirements to completion.
- Works safely according to company policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Superior teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analytical abilities involving complex problems; exercise sound judgment
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Preferred working experience with .NET applications, SAP, Oracle, QlikView, and Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Basic understanding of SAP cost flows and UIPlanner budgeting process (not req’d)
- Deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team