Senior Business Process Analyst - Telecommute (111720541)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this function is responsible for end-to-end Quality Assurance program activity within Optum Insight Provider Market Operations Excellence Organization. The end-to-end focus on quality management for RCM Operations. This role requires continuous engagement and collaboration with the Operational discipline and LPS leadership.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assesses and interprets client needs and requirements across the end-to-end Optum Insight Provider market revenue cycle as it relates to Learning and Performance Solutions (LPS) services
- Supports the identification of solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Collect requirements and develops QA program
- Supports the collection of leadership feedback and action planning
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Acts as a key resource for others in the organization with less experience
- Demonstrate understanding of basic process management and total quality management principles and methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma; Lean)
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant organizations' operations, products and applications, strategies, processes, and/or business priorities in order to build effective solutions
- Develop, demonstrate, and continuously improve understanding of upstream and downstream impacts to partners of business process operations and solutions
- Engage in Quality auditing activities to validate process performance
- Analyze business process information (e.g., metrics; analytics) to identify key issues, trends, and potential root causes (e.g., training issues; lack of understanding by user community) that point to improvement opportunities
- Work with relevant stakeholders (e.g., end users; SMEs; sponsors) to establish appropriate criteria and goals (e.g., efficiency; effectiveness) in order to direct investigation into problems and potential solutions
- Estimate and/or quantify potential benefits, costs, and resource requirements associated with recommended business process solutions
- Summarize and communicate proposed solutions with the appropriate audiences in a manner tailored to their understanding, level, or experience
- Communicate potential impacts and risks associated with implementing proposed solutions to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g., senior leadership; end users) to ensure consistent use and application of solutions across functions and teams
- Support, develop and communicate QA outcomes to serve the needs of the operations to understand auditing results and progress of actions taken to resolve risks and gaps identified
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 3+ years of experience in related field
- 2+ years in a role supporting a quality assurance function or related operational function
- 2+ years of Project Management experience
- Intermediate MS Office experience including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic to Intermediate SharePoint experience including utilization, site creation, workflow creation and site maintenance
- Intermediate Visio experience (or like process mapping software)
- Experience in effective communications (verbal and written) and presentation skills with the ability to communicate to a variety of management levels within the organization including executive leadership
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Formal Quality Training experience (i.e.: Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, etc.)
- Experience working in a healthcare related field or earned credential through formal education (i.e.: degree or certificate in healthcare field)
- Experience in large, multi-function and cross geographic organization
- Revenue Cycle Management experience
- Specific experience working in an Operations Environment
- Basic to Intermediate Statistical Analysis experience using SSA, Minitab, JMP, or a similar statistical software tool/application
- Technical Tools: SQL Reporting, Tableau, MS Access, Power BI, .NET Reporting (nice to have combination of tool exposure)
- Solid analytical and negotiation skills with a proven track record for innovative successful outcomes
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.